Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1993 Upper Deck Baseball SP Box

2»

Comments

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Broseph, I'm down with the rippage. But this box got that bad juju. You gotta whack a squirrel dead and boil it in mayonaise, then bury it next General Jack Southington III's grave outside Macon, GA to get it off. Bad juju, Brotato Chip.

Arthur

• Options
    mouschimouschi Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting all this! I am entertained :) Good luck in pulling a PSA 10 JEETZ!

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Jeter $99,000 Popcorn Girl Priceless

PackManInNC
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

@miwlvrn said:
    Fishy last bid cancelled by a 1 feedback bidder on the bid history page:

Bid retraction and cancellation history
    Bidder
    Action Date of Bid and Retraction
    f***s(1)

Cancelled:$99,200.00

Bid:16 May 2018 at 6:23:58PM PDT
    Cancelled:16 May 2018 at 6:27:22PM PDT

https://ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/352347658004?item=352347658004&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

I believe "cancelled" means the bid was removed, either by ebay, or PWCC. If the bidder removed the bid, it should say "retracted".

Steve

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only one Jeter. Bad mouthing Nick Cave. OUR PETS' HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes!!!!!

• Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Congrats on the Jeter and love the Primus video!

• Options
    rdeffleyrdeffley Posts: 85 ✭✭

Yep with the $100K Jeter sale on Ebay recently, I am guessing more and more people will be box breaking their sealed 93SP boxes.

I've had three sealed boxes since 93 and I just can't bring myself to open them. You've got more guts than I do. LOL Shame that some of those cards look kinda beat up. :(

• Options

The second Jeter looks pretty good! No dings in the bottom left which is awesome. That is the notorious issue with the card. One of the corners looks like it has slight wear. But overall could be a solid 8 or 9. Good stuff!

BTW - Major disappointment moment for me today. Found an online wholesaler claiming to have two sealed 93SP boxes for only $500 a box. Bought it right away. Then this afternoon the refund email comes saying that they were actually out of stock. I think they realized there was no price update in the system and didn't want to sell the two boxes at only $500 a piece. They'll probably wind up selling them in a few weeks at the going rate of $2K plus. Almost got a hell of a deal.

• Options

@BALROG said:
    :) responded a bit ago but asked about yur mom's hotness again so I may be on my way outta here quickly :) heh heh (as post removed) :)

Dude,, if you got three boxes, ya gotta open one. If you needed the money you would have already sold. NO chance a modern card holds it;s value like the 99 k so might as well at least live life and go for the gusto for fun, and rip one box !!!

MOSH ON !!!

(if still here last of this box ripped over weekend)

Haha..No way man. Think of the big picture.

The 100K sale will suddenly start causing a frenzy of box breaking. New influx of Jeter's are sent in. But PSA is notorious for pop control. So you'll have a ton of new 7's and 8's. Then eventually 9's will be at $10K and the super scarce 10's will be even higher in a few years. So this will make sealed boxes much more of a premium because of how many people will want to go for a 10.

Right now you can probably get $2000-2200 for a sealed box on Ebay. But after 9's and 10's continue to sky rocket over the next few years, sealed boxes could be selling for 3-5x as much. Not worth giving away $6000-10,000 to pull what will most likely be graded an 8. LOL

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Congratos on a multi-jeter box. Great looking cards. If you’re interested in letting the box go, less the Jeters, hook me up.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    mouschimouschi Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2018 1:58PM

BOOOM! Canseco pitching ... there is no reason to go on anymore as you have hit the jackpot! :D

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Ryan Blaney

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Harvick

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

kyle busch

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Now I picked the winner. SMH.