Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

CSNS Friday

BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 28, 2018 5:12AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Well, I haven't been to a US coin show in quite a while and I moved back to the US last Saturday so what better way to spend my first Friday back by going to CSNS.

My expectations were low and I brought several coins to leave with a dealer friend to piggy back on a grading order as well as a few coins to have @messydesk image in a blatant attempt to make the calendar for a 4th year running. In the end these two tasks and some good conversation was all that I accomplished.

I had a chance to catch up with @CoinRaritiesOnline, @Regulated, @WDP, Doug Winter and his wife Irma, @messydesk and @MrEureka, which made the show worth my while.

My observation was that traffic seemed very light without the grading services but what do I know, I saw very little nice gold and it seems as if the already slim picking are getting even slimmer. I attribute much of this to PCGS and NGC continuing to reward messed with gold with high grades. The stuff in slabs I found to be horrendous.

Traffic sucked getting home so the usual 2:30hrs from SW Michigan turned into 4:30hrs but all good now, Oberon in hand typing this note.

Photos from Messydesk

Comments

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a shame because they really could make this a great show if they wanted to.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, the camaraderie of board members would be a very enjoyable aspect of any show. I see less and less on the bourse but you still never know what's out there. Heritage auctions makes it even better. Glad you made the trip and took something away from it.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

:)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the report and those pictures of very attractive gold coins. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good seeing you again, and those were some fun coins to play with. One will be taking a gold slot in the calendar. As for which one, that'll be a surprise to be revealed in November when I've decided.

• Options
    GazesGazes Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

thank you for your update

• Options
    RegulatedRegulated Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was great seeing you, and looking at your stuff (as usual, it was all well-selected and gorgeous). I think the show suffered without grading services, but that meant that we all got to socialize and talk coins more than usual, which is a nice change of pace.

What is now proved was once only imagined. - William Blake

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file