Home Sports Talk
Options

Thank you New York Giants

2»

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1970s said:
    Not only is $800.00 a bargain, but his ebay description should be nominated as "Description of the Year" for these words.........................................

self-submitted by me" LOL

Coming out of the New York school system, i'm surprised that Tim could spell PSA correctly. ;)

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:
    I can't wait for this year when the Eagles revert back to mediocrity. Them Eagles fans need to be taken down a peg or two, lol. Cowboys fans are used to being demoralized. Even the Jets have won more playoff games than them over the past 20+ years.

Very tough to repeat as champs, i will admit that.

Of course it's been done three or four times, however even arguably the best football team of all time, the 1985 Chicago Bears, didn't repeat as champs.

Cowboys did it 3 out of 4 years.....92, 93 and 95 ..... would have won more if Jerry hadn't run Jimmy off!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@1970s said:
    Not only is $800.00 a bargain, but his ebay description should be nominated as "Description of the Year" for these words.........................................

Coming out of the New York school system, i'm surprised that Tim could spell PSA correctly. ;)

I can also spell CAT if you spot me the C and the T. ;)

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a Giant fan, I think we have had a pretty good offseason in terms of additions and subtractions. If nothing else, Geddleman has seemed to create a sense of urgency toward winning. I am not interested in paper championships (you can't 'win' an offseason) but I don't think the Giants were as bad as their record would indicate last year and I do think the offensive line improvements are significant. Nate Solder is an NFL caliber LT which moves Flowers to RT where I think he will thrive (he's still quite young and has improved, albeit in small increments, each year). I watch ZERO college football but I have heard fans and talking heads alike rave about newly drafted Wil Hernandez. I do think Eli has something in the tank and realistically, I thought the Giants played the draft perfectly - if Eli is still solid, you contend. If he's not, you've given the future QB a better offense to step into. Win win.

The Eagles had a great season last year but the NFL seems to be hardest on the teams that had the longest seasons the year prior (aside from the Patriots, anyway) so I just wonder if they can overcome that. They certainly have the talent and two solid QBs.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    edited June 21, 2018 7:52AM

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@1970s said:

I can also spell CAT if you spot me the C and the T. ;)

They used to jokingly say that about Terry Bradshaw. Spotting him the C and the T, and telling him that the middle letter is the first letter of the alphabet, didn't help him either. LOL

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:
    I can't wait for this year when the Eagles revert back to mediocrity. Them Eagles fans need to be taken down a peg or two, lol. Cowboys fans are used to being demoralized. Even the Jets have won more playoff games than them over the past 20+ years.

Very tough to repeat as champs, i will admit that.

Of course it's been done three or four times, however even arguably the best football team of all time, the 1985 Chicago Bears, didn't repeat as champs.

Cowboys did it 3 out of 4 years.....92, 93 and 95 ..... would have won more if Jerry hadn't run Jimmy off!

Now please don't say anything bad about my favorite NFL owner of all time Jerry Jones. I love the guy with all my heart.

From an old Milton Berle joke: If I ever switch, he would be first. LOL