Home Sports Talk

Thank you New York Giants

stevekstevek Posts: 27,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

For taking Saquon Barkley.

Now twice a season, all my Eagles have to do is key in on Barkley, control him which they will do, and easily cover passes from a declining Eli and pick off passes when he throws wounded ducks out there.

Clear sailing ahead for the foreseeable future in the NFC East.

I'm lovin' it.

Comments

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

Meanwhile, the Browns did it exactly the right way - their QB pick at #1 and a top corner at #4.

Good luck to the Browns...they seem to finally be gaining some football wisdom.

Well, the draft is sort of anti-climatic from here. I'm guessing the Eagles take a corner but not 100% sure.

I'm very happy that the Giants listened to football fans such as Grote15 and chose Barkley. I forget the coach or manager who first said it but he said, paraphrase, if you listen to the fans, soon you'll be sitting with them.

The Giants sure don't have the front office talent that they used to have.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26, 2018 6:28PM

I just hope you don't make any more stone cold mortal lock predictions. An uninformed poster might actually wind up wagering his hard earned money on your misperceptions. ;)

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

@grote15 said:
    I just hope you don't make any more stone cold mortal lock predictions. An uninformed poster might actually wind up wagering his hard earned money on your misperceptions. ;)

Well you stated Barkley, Barkley, Barkley should be the #1 pick...if an uninformed poster bet his kidneys on your pick, they would be on dialysis treatment right now. LOL

edited April 26, 2018 7:52PM

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

Well you stated Barkley, Barkley, Barkley should be the #1 pick...if an uninformed poster bet his kidneys on your pick, they would be on dialysis treatment right now. LOL

Your reading comprehension skills pale only in comparison to your prediction skills, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

The big question is who will the Browns pick #1 overall next year?

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably another QB.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just handed out some LOL’s.

edited April 26, 2018 8:18PM

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

Your reading comprehension skills pale only in comparison to your prediction skills, LOL..

Your recall comprehension seems to be very selective. LOL

@perkdog said:
    I just handed out some LOL’s.

One good turn deserves another. LOL

edited April 26, 2018 8:23PM

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

March 30, 2018:

@grote15 said:
    If the Browns are smart and stay pat, they should draft Barkley at #1 and the best of the remaining top 4 QBs at #4.

I think if the Browns pass on Barkley, the Giants will grab him at #2.

I still think the Browns should have done it my way, but it played out exactly as I predicted it would, LOL..

@sparky64 said:
    The big question is who will the Browns pick #1 overall next year?

You may turn out to be right...but that wouldn't mean that the Browns made the wrong move. They played the historical percentages in this draft which was the smart thing to do, and if it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out.

The worst move in the early part of the draft was by the Giants, no question about it. Although the Bills move with Josh Allen attempted to surpass the Giants in futility.

edited April 26, 2018 8:28PM

The Browns are getting roasted on social media and rightfully so. SteveK is about the only person who thinks they were smart. That should indicate how well they did, LOL..

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

March 30, 2018:

@grote15 said:
    If the Browns are smart and stay pat, they should draft Barkley at #1 and the best of the remaining top 4 QBs at #4.

I still think the Browns should have done it my way, but it played out exactly as I predicted it would, LOL..

Tim - Are you trying to bet on the Kentucky Derby after the race is over? I've told you before, the tote ticket punchers at the track won't allow you to do that. LOL.

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

March 30, 2018:

@grote15 said:

Tim - Are you trying to bet on the Kentucky Derby after the race is over? I've told you before, the tote ticket punchers at the track won't allow you to do that. LOL.

I'd like to have a sip of what you're drinking when March 30 comes after April 26 on the calendar, LOL..

@grote15 said:
    The Browns are getting roasted on social media and rightfully so. SteveK is about the only person who thinks they were smart. That should indicate how well they did, LOL..

Yea, because social media has such an outstanding track record of reliability. LOL

edited April 26, 2018 8:33PM

Tim on Martch 30:

Steve on April 25:

Giants will pick a QB or Chubb at #2

As the immortal SteveK once said: "case closed." LOL..

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

Yea, because social media has such an outstanding track record of reliability. LOL

Yes, about as reliable as SteveK's predictions, LOL..

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

March 30, 2018:

@grote15 said:

I'd like to have a sip of what you're drinking when March 30 comes after April 26 on the calendar, LOL..

I'm sipping on Super Bowl winning wine, and still enjoying every drop of it.

Funny, you're not talking about the Jets #3 pick at all. I guess you wanted your idol Barkley for the Jets or nothing at all.

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

March 30, 2018:

@grote15 said:

Funny, you're not talking about the Jets #3 pick at all. I guess you wanted your idol Barkley for the Jets or nothing at all.

I like Barkley a lot but the Jets are in desperate need of a QB, so I'm happy with Darnold. I'm just hoping he doesn't turn out to be Mark Sanchez 2.0.

It's bad enough we're now tied with the Eagles in Super Bowl championships. We need to win another now, lol..

@grote15 said:
    Tim on Martch 30:

Steve on April 25:

You already mentioned this in another thread Tim. Don't get boring on me...i like smack, but I hate boring. ;)

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:
    Tim on Martch 30:

Steve on April 25:

You already mentioned this in another thread Tim. Don't get boring on me...i like smack, but I hate boring. ;)

I wasn't sure you had fully accepted it, and wanted to leave no doubt, lol..

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

March 30, 2018:

@grote15 said:

I like Barkley a lot but the Jets are in desperate need of a QB, so I'm happy with Darnold. I'm just hoping he doesn't turn out to be Mark Sanchez 2.0.

It's bad enough we're now tied with the Eagles in Super Bowl championships. We need to win another now, lol..

Now that's some good smack. ;)

Well, I gotta get back to work, log in my Ebay sales tracking numbers for the day, so i don't get nasty reminders from big bad Ebay. :D

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

March 30, 2018:

@grote15 said:

Well, I gotta get back to work, log in my Ebay sales tracking numbers for the day, so i don't get nasty reminders from big bad Ebay. :D

My Cowboys have 3 more than the total combined SB's of the Eagles and Jets!

Sorry......I just had t mention it.

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

March 30, 2018:

@grote15 said:

Jon - I'm going to let that very nasty remark go for now because I am still in such a good mood because of the Eagles magnificent Super Bowl win. But I'll remember this on NFL opening day when it's a brand new season again, and be sure to retort with something equally as nasty against the Dallas Cowboys. ;)

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

March 30, 2018:

@grote15 said:

Jon - I'm going to let that very nasty remark go for now because I am still in such a good mood because of the Eagles magnificent Super Bowl win. But I'll remember this on NFL opening day when it's a brand new season again, and be sure to retort with something equally as nasty against the Dallas Cowboys. ;)

I wouldn't expect anything else man. ;)

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

March 30, 2018:

@grote15 said:

Sanchez had some decent games against the Patriots as I recall. He could have been ok if the Jets pitiful organization didn't ruin him like everyone else they touch, they share that ability with the Browns. Then again he did play at USC , and anyone associated with that vile $hithole is bound to be , dare I say , tainted B)

The Eagles had Sanchez at the end of his career so i got to see him play in a number of games.

This guy, in my opinion, was some sort of head case. For example, and this example happened a lot, he would look great in the half, look great in the beginning of the 3rd quarter, and then suddenly throw a pic that a high school QB wouldn't throw. Just throw the ball right into the hands of a defensive player, with no Eagles receiver even anywhere near the throw. Some sort of weird mental block with him. He was very frustrating to watch knowing that disaster was always ready to strike, and it usually did,

• @bronco2078 said:
    Sanchez had some decent games against the Patriots as I recall. He could have been ok if the Jets pitiful organization didn't ruin him like everyone else they touch, they share that ability with the Browns. Then again he did play at USC , and anyone associated with that vile $hithole is bound to be , dare I say , tainted B)

LOL.

11 National Championships

34 Bowl Victories

168 All-Americans

6 Heisman Trophy Winners - Tied for the Most (Not counting Bush)

5 All-Time #1 Draft Picks - Tied for the Most

Most All-Time First Round Draft Picks - 81

Most All-Time Draft Picks - 505

2nd Most Pro HOF's - 12 (Polamalu will soon tie, Boselli will take the lead, ND has no one left)

3 SB MVP's - Tied for the Most

Players drafted every year since 1939

And to top it all off-

@unclejake said:

@bronco2078 said:

LOL.

11 National Championships

34 Bowl Victories

168 All-Americans

6 Heisman Trophy Winners - Tied for the Most (Not counting Bush)

5 All-Time #1 Draft Picks - Tied for the Most

Most All-Time First Round Draft Picks - 81

Most All-Time Draft Picks - 505

2nd Most Pro HOF's - 12 (Polamalu will soon tie, Boselli will take the lead, ND has no one left)

3 SB MVP's - Tied for the Most

Players drafted every year since 1939

And to top it all off-

The trojans also have more former players in prison than any other team. :D

edited June 20, 2018 5:16PM

That one, second on the left, actually makes me a little bit nervous, but after a few drinks I'd be okay. LOL

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

But.............. Mark Sanchez dated Paris Hilton.

Or was it Matt Leinart?

That alone should should make either QB at the NFL level, butt fumble and other poor performances notwithstanding.

I'm just glad that somebody posted on a football thread.

Sorry, but I simply can't stand any more golf or soccer posts. Enough already. ;)

i'm so hungry for some football talk, we could even discuss Ryan Leaf's NFL career in detail, and I'd be happy about that. :)

@stevek said:
    I'm just glad that somebody posted on a football thread.

Sorry, but I simply can't stand any more golf or soccer posts. Enough already. ;)

i'm so hungry for some football talk, we could even discuss Ryan Leaf's NFL career in detail, and I'd be happy about that. :)

you need about 2 minutes to cover that in detail

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:

Or was it Matt Leinart?

Sanchise dated Leinart? ok that clears things up a little

@galaxy27 said:

@SanctionII said:

Or was it Matt Leinart?

Sanchise dated Leinart? ok that clears things up a little

That was after Pete Carrol got the two of them jacked up on roids.

Now we gots some of that there football talk going. LOL

BTW: The DALLAS COWBOYS SUCK

B)

@1970s said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

LOL. Post of the year. Too funny.

I finally after all these years get a nomination for post of the year and Grote has to disagree with it?

Now that really hisses me off.

Just for that, I'm going to buy every unopened 1975 wax pack i can find, and rip it. And i'm more than willing to invest my entire life savings of $176.72 just to do it.

@stevek said:

B)

You had to go there....didn't ya. :/B)

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

B)

You had to go there....didn't ya. :/B)

I gotta get the smack talk a little bit warmed up. I just can't go into the first Eagles-Cowboys game ice cold, I might pull a muscle in one of my typing fingers. ;)

Jon - i'm not sure if you were posting or not in Sports Talk years ago. Lawnmowerman (Matt) is a huge Cowboys fan and his favorite player is Emmitt Smith. Matt, great guy, one of the best, is no longer with us here at CU, but he and I used to sometimes do sigline bets involving the Eagles-Cowboys games, no money involved just for fun, whereby the loser would have to post the winners team logo in their sigline for an agreed upon time period, usually a week, until kickoff time of the next football game then the logo could be deleted.

Damn it was fun when those who didn't post at Sports Talk, would see the Eagles logo in Matt's sigline at the Sports Cards forum, and comment to him that they didn't know he was a big Eagles fan, etc. I loved it. :D

Think about it...perhaps we can do that? No need to answer at this time. I realize it may be a big decision for ya, I mean a week of potential brutal public humiliation is involved. ;)

I can't wait for this year when the Eagles revert back to mediocrity. Them Eagles fans need to be taken down a peg or two, lol. Cowboys fans are used to being demoralized. Even the Jets have won more playoff games than them over the past 20+ years.

@stevek said:

@1970s said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

I finally after all these years get a nomination for post of the year and Grote has to disagree with it?

Just for that, I'm going to buy every unopened 1975 wax pack i can find, and rip it. And i'm more than willing to invest my entire life savings of $176.72 just to do it.

You can't even buy a single 1975 regular-sized pack for that amount anymore, Steve, LOL..

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@1970s said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

You can't even buy a single 1975 regular-sized pack for that amount anymore, Steve, LOL..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-TOPPS-MINI-BASEBALL-UNOPENED-WAX-PACK-CARLTON-FISK-ON-BACK-PSA-9-MINT-POP-1/352381869886?hash=item520b989f3e:g:88wAAOSwOd9a1BHd

Just saw this on Ebay - I'm surprised you haven't grabbed this one?

Me...I'm still searching for that ideal 1962 Topps Baseball pack to rip. One of these days.....

@grote15 said:
    I can't wait for this year when the Eagles revert back to mediocrity. Them Eagles fans need to be taken down a peg or two, lol. Cowboys fans are used to being demoralized. Even the Jets have won more playoff games than them over the past 20+ years.

Very tough to repeat as champs, i will admit that.

Of course it's been done three or four times, however even arguably the best football team of all time, the 1985 Chicago Bears, didn't repeat as champs.

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

Very tough to repeat as champs, i will admit that.

Of course it's been done three or four times, however even arguably the best football team of all time, the 1985 Chicago Bears, didn't repeat as champs.

Ditka's and Ryan's egos wouldn't allow it, unfortunately..

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@1970s said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-TOPPS-MINI-BASEBALL-UNOPENED-WAX-PACK-CARLTON-FISK-ON-BACK-PSA-9-MINT-POP-1/352381869886?hash=item520b989f3e:g:88wAAOSwOd9a1BHd

Me...I'm still searching for that ideal 1962 Topps Baseball pack to rip. One of these days.....

That's my pack, LOL..

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@1970s said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

That's my pack, LOL..

That is funny. LOL

Your sale seems like a good deal and a sound investment on such a nice pack as that for under $800.