Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dan Carr Coin Winners

2»

Comments

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that he is one of us, a forumite with a passion for coins.
    To me, the "1917" Peace and the story of Dan finding the broken sword model on eBay is legendary, the stuff of which dreams are made.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    WDHWDH Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

He makes it affordable to obtain a Morgan or Peace dollar that is high mint state.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I like (most of) them, for various reasons depending on the issue (creativity, historical, etc.)

I collected most of the "Hard Times" tokens. Historical and satirical.

• Options
    baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭✭

I really like Dan's ideas and he's a car guy too!

Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my favorites and being D Carr is a bonus

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr Still waiting for a special forum limited edition coin with "In Dan We Trust". ;)

• Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

I love Dan's stuff because he's doing something I think we all wish we could do, and his minting quality is top notch!

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

i have a lot of Dan's creations, but my favorite is the Free DC stuff. Thanks.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    JeffnluJeffnlu Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭

I would love to own a Dan Carr design. I didn't know what they were until I joined this forum. Works of art.

• Options
    AgflyerAgflyer Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

My answer is similar to Grandam's. I've always enjoyed Morgan Silver dollars, but it's particularly neat getting to own a 1964 Morgan dollar in such high grades. It's something I wouldn't be able to do otherwise!

I've had great transactions with people like: drwstr123, CCC2010, AlanLastufka, Type2, Justlooking, zas107, StrikeOutXXX, 10point, 66Tbird, and many more!
  • Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭

The natural artistic ability of some individuals is just amazing to me , the coins, bars, rounds that Dan produces are highly sought after and i believe that they will always remain collectible. His following will only get bigger as time goes by. I wish Mr. Carr the best in his future endeavors.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@baddogss said:
    I really like Dan's ideas and he's a car guy too!

He is a CARR guy. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

bump

• Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good way to get classic well struck designs

👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options

Bump

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like his designs, and the quality of the coins he makes. I had the pleasure of meeting him and buying from him in person, and he's a nice guy also!

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the coins and think they're beautiful, but most of all......
    I like the fact that someone woke up one morning and decided 'I'm going to purchase some equipment that weighs multiples of tons, can strike coins and medals, and I'm going to learn how to use it'.....
    I think that's what appeals to me the most !

• Options
    1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭

thanks for all the great comments will announce winner tonight !

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2018 6:36AM

Coupe, how about doing a giveaway next month with that Triple Struck Buffalo.....I'll pay the $400 shipping fee if I win.... o:)

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    Coupe, how about doing a giveaway next month with that Triple Struck Buffalo.....I'll pay the $400 shipping fee if I win.... o:)

Its funny I have three of them but I cant see myself letting go of just one !

• Options
    edited April 22, 2018 6:57AM

How much for all 3.... ;)

• Options

Thanks for all the comments ! Jack doesn't have that many toys ! so I put them in hat and picked the winners! decided to give away two and the winners are lkeigwin CascadeChris both will receive open house Morgans ! send me your mailing address

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrat to the winners, and great fun.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

Congrats to the winners. Thanks for running this fun give away. Also for featuring Dan Carr prizes.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to the winners and thank you for the opportunity!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

Congrats to the winners and thanks for the chance.

• Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome. I never win these. Thanks coupe!

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

I Love Dan Carr coins because of the quality and everybody has a chance to buy them on his sight ?

• Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PipestonePete said:
    What's not to like??

I agree!

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file