Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carr Coin Winners

1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 9, 2018 9:06AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Tell me If and why you Love Dan Carr coins and I will put your name in my boy Jacks toy and let him pick winner coin next sunday give away

Comments

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2018 10:15AM

I love Dan's Coins because it gives me a chance to own perfect examples of classic coins that are no longer made (or never were). ;)

GrandAm :)
  • 1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭

Great excellent answer GrandAm

• AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

I enjoy the coins for the pure artistry. Not only that, but also the work he put in to get his enterprise started. Astounding!

Thanks for the giveaway!!!

• aclocoacloco Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Multiple reasons!!!

Coins that should have been minted.
    Coins that were minted, but not released.
    Coins minted with different material.
    Coins that a person can dream about being minted.
    Quality.
    FUN!!!
    Overstrikes - who would have thought to do this!!!
    Learning & living the minting process through Dan's mind and hands.

Successful BST transactions with: jp84, WaterSport, Stupid, tychojoe, Swampboy, dragon, Jkramer, savoyspecial, ajaan, tyedye, ProofCollection, Broadstruck x2, TwinTurbo, lordmarcovan, devious, bumanchu, AUandAG, Collectorcoins (2x), staircoins, messydesk, illini420, nolawyer (10x & counting), peaceman, bruggs, agentjim007, ElmerFusterpuck, WinLoseWin, RR, WaterSports, KeyLargRareCoins, LindeDad, Flatwoods, cucamongacoin, grote15, UtahCoin, NewParadigm, smokincoin, sawyerjosh x3
  • CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like them because they reduce the pop of real coins.

• bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have never owned one until I received a 2017 liberty/owl in a give-away here. I am very impressed with the designs and talent that he has.

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

The artistic engraver is almost a lost art. He does it very well.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭

He is a gifted artist. I like RL of Gallery Mint the most but Dan is a close second... :)

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just recently learned about Dan Carr less than 1 year ago. I like his work along with the fact that his art creation of coins and tokens ect is on a limited production. That was appealing to me now I cant get enough his his work. I WANT IT ALL!

• CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love them because of the high quality and imagination of the products as well as all the ingredients that had to come together to create the Moonlight Mint. The dude who runs it is a really nice guy too!

The more you VAM..
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great designs expertly executed in a range of metal types and interesting finishes. Like satin, PL, full proof, holographic, toned, bimetalic. Why wouldn't I be a fan and purchase what I am able to?

• TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

Because Dan is also a member of this forum and our community. ;)

• Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's my favorite open house issue !

I really dig DC's coin art !

I don't collect it all, but what I have I never plan to sell.

Lindy

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's a true artist from the word go with great taste and designs gorgeous coins. I'm a fan :)
    Thank you for the chance.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like to see his work and do like the craftsmanship. Fwiw

• CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't love them. Just seem real gimmicky to me. Sorry. Maybe if I will this example my mind will be changed.

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2018 1:55PM

Ditto all the above comments.

Plus, add Dan's passion for numismatics... love it when there's a backstory.

And I've yet to find another Mint that so very thoroughly documents & publishes info-of-interest to Collectors: http://www.moonlightmint.com/coin_catalog.htm

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do because they look better than the originals would have.

• cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like his art, and the attention to detail he gives to each of his creations.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

I just need four words: The Rembrant of numismatics. :D

• 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like them. I like seeing coins that are not supposed to exist.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2018 4:04PM

Oh. And Jack. Let's talk bro. Pick me and a big bag of Beggin Strips is on it's way to you! (Coupe, please relay this message to Jack. Thanks)

The more you VAM..
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously because I put a bug in his ear a few years ago about minting a 1965 dated Peace dollar - and he did! One of my prize possessions.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the holograms

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Imaginative, attractive, and creative designs.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

I am a fan of some of Dan’s work. I enjoy the satirical pieces and the Clark Gruber items as well. I’m not personally interested in the fantasy items though. He’s a great artist too.

Thanks! Kevin

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dan is an artist with an eye for quality.

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2018 8:20PM

D. Carr "items" are of excellent quality and ingenuity. He produces "items" that were once upon a time items and he mixes some classic designs with a modern twist; quite a few club token designs can attest to that. I just wish that I had the timing to acquire some of his rare(r) pieces.

Put a little gravy on my entry

Continued success!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • tander123tander123 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

I just love the plain artistic look of some of his designs. Especially the octagonal coins

Excellent BST board members who complete their deals: WONDERCOIN, DABIGKAHUNA, GEMSTATECOINS, FIVECENTS, SILVEREAGLES92, NEWMISMATIST, GTOster, SCHMITZ7,
  • mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't add anything new to any of the above excellent comments.
    I do think they are cool and mostly attractive....there have been a few I don't love ( an artist can't please everyone all of the time), but all in all an impressive body of work.

• hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

After reading what it took to get his press up and running and then seeing what he has accomplished, I find it amazing. I have never owned one of his coins yet but someday......... Honestly, I think the U.S. Mint should hire him to improve the quality of the coins they are minting.

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2018 9:56PM

I love them because they are TRULY a work of ART.....a different interpretation from the eye of the beholder <3

• Sun DiegoSun Diego Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

I was finally able to get my birth year 1975 quarter. The bicentennial really messed with my birth year coins!

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2018 9:56PM

Dan keeps things interesting. Great business acumen and a serious talent. A lethal combination. His stuff is fun and that is great for the hobby.

Plus he a great dude. I’m so happy for him.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • MarkInDavisMarkInDavis Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭✭

Creating and minting your own coins is a spectacular accomplishment and just awesome!

image Respectfully, Mark
  • 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

...DC coins are very interesting and fun, they hold their value and mintages stay low, series after series...what’s not to Love there?...and the more and more haters he gathers as time moves forward; the more I like him and his work ;)

• WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like his mining theme works and I appreciate his accessibility and moxie. Everyone has an equal chance to buy directly from the coiner, that's cool. I believe the best works are yet to come.

• Honestly as of 10 min ago thanks to you I know a little about person and work, I've only been collecting a couple weeks and this site is the first thing I've been part of to learn about the coin world so my answers is the work is respected amongst collectors and is good enough to be praised with compliments I simply scrolled down peoples posts and I see the impact amongst fellow collectors so I absolutely respect and love

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2018 11:07PM

...and this rendition of what the original Peace dollar might have been is truly staggering. My favorite Daniel Carr, and one I will never sell.
    Lance.

• robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

The unique styles exhibited... And it's name in numismatics.

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

...my av.

• EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't own any of his pieces, but like many I respect his talent.

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love Dan's artistic talent as well as the controversy that go's along with it, his records of mintage's are a major plus.

Steve

Promote the Hobby

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file