Comments

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2018 6:59PM

@bidask said:

@cecropiamoth said:

@bidask said:

@cecropiamoth said:
    I think the initial count was 604, then 597, now it is down to 564. they are selling.

Who is buying ? :*

Gotta to be someone 'round here. 40 coins have disappeared from the list. LOL, I'm not sure what that emoji is, but I remember you had a good night when The Engineer collection went off!!! In all seriousness, I hope everyone is getting to fill some holes if they deemed the coins worthy of purchase. I actually don't like when so many come available all at once due to overload. And these images make decision making tough.

I agree images make things tough . Also these 2 collections have come market close together but I don't tecall getting a shot at such a selection in the past .

I bought several this morning .

Mexican Coin Co will give you a refund if
    you don't like the coin upon inspecting it in hand.

I'm also hoping for a miracle that the Chinese will once again get interested in this series . :)B)

I ended up buying 32 coins of which I kept 28 Returned 4.

At first there was a glare of sunlight coming thru the windows when I opened the box of cap&rays in the kitchen. That affected my initial
    Impressions .

But after bringing the coins into a darker room with overhead light the luster stood out.

By the way I owe a thank you to Carlos Jara who describes each coin over the phone and who I told I wanted only lustrous coins with good eye appeal . So 28 out of 32 I agreed and am satisfied with.

So those purchase plus the ones I bought from the recent Heritage auction gives me almost a full double row box.

Im thinking I may have been one of the first to make purchases as only one coin I was interested in out of 32 was already sold .

BTW, they did not discount but I bought at list prices ! !

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang bidask, that's a lot of coins! If you end up getting pictures/Trueviews, please share them!

• Options

@OriginalDan said:
    Dang bidask, that's a lot of coins! If you end up getting pictures/Trueviews, please share them!

They are virtually all NGC graded .
    Do they do trueviews?

If not I will have to get these professionally photographed .

26 out of 28 coins were pop ones at NGC.

I did not cross check PCGS for pops of the same date yet .

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask said:

@bidask said:

@cecropiamoth said:

@bidask said:

@cecropiamoth said:
    I think the initial count was 604, then 597, now it is down to 564. they are selling.

Who is buying ? :*

Gotta to be someone 'round here. 40 coins have disappeared from the list. LOL, I'm not sure what that emoji is, but I remember you had a good night when The Engineer collection went off!!! In all seriousness, I hope everyone is getting to fill some holes if they deemed the coins worthy of purchase. I actually don't like when so many come available all at once due to overload. And these images make decision making tough.

I agree images make things tough . Also these 2 collections have come market close together but I don't tecall getting a shot at such a selection in the past .

I bought several this morning .

Mexican Coin Co will give you a refund if
    you don't like the coin upon inspecting it in hand.

I'm also hoping for a miracle that the Chinese will once again get interested in this series . :)B)

I ended up buying 32 coins of which I kept 28 Returned 4.

At first there was a glare of sunlight coming thru the windows when I opened the box of cap&rays in the kitchen. That affected my initial
    Impressions .

But after bringing the coins into a darker room with overhead light the luster stood out.

By the way I owe a thank you to Carlos Jara who describes each coin over the phone and who I told I wanted only lustrous coins with good eye appeal . So 28 out of 32 I agreed and am satisfied with.

So those purchase plus the ones I bought from the recent Heritage auction gives me almost a full double row box.

Im thinking I may have been one of the first to make purchases as only one coin I was interested in out of 32 was already sold .

BTW, they did not discount but I bought at list prices ! !

Quite a haul - would also love to see what you've picked-up!

• Options

Some amazing coins on this thread. I am addicted to beautiful high grade cap & rays .....hope to show some soon.

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2018 9:34AM

@bidask said:
    Some amazing coins on this thread. I am addicted to beautiful high grade cap & rays .....hope to show some soon.

Thanks, Bidask, for reviving this thread. Here’s my latest, minted the same year as the French invasion.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options

@Yorkshireman said:

@bidask said:

Thanks, Bidask, for reviving this thread. Here’s my latest, minted the same year as the French invasion.

That is very nice coin and tougher date. No 65 or higher exist at PCGS.

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Bidask.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    CaptMorgansCaptMorgans Posts: 102 ✭✭✭

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoKopeiki said:
    Wow. All are amazing, but that first one with the edge and dentils segments - just Wow!

Also @pruebas even if it got a details grade it was most likely still imaged. Try looking up the certificate number.

@TwoKopeiki I totally forgot to come back to this thread with my fifth and final hookneck pattern. It is a details grade due to the hole. Notice it uses the 8 Escudos design and legend. And it's missing the hookneck side because it's uniface. But it would be a hookneck if it had another side....

• Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pruebas who on Earth would hole this? Amazing!

• Options

@pruebas Incredible! Do you know any history behind this one? Was it made in Mexico?

• Options

@TwoKopeiki page 40 of Hookneck.

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Abuelo. @TwoKopeiki the only information I have is what's in the Hookneck book (my copy on which is still in a box somewhere). I believe it's hecho en México.

In addition to the uniface pattern cliche I have shown before, below is the full pattern (both obverse and reverse) of the same coin. It too is unique. (And it's in a NGC holder so I don't have a TrueView photo.)

• Options

Based on my reading, looks like really is hecho en México :D

• Options

Seriously amazing coins here - appreciate you sharing these @pruebas

I instantly recognized the reverse of the full pattern - it's the first coin image you see when going to USMexNA's website: