Home U.S. Coin Forum

A shameless ask for your help -The final update

13»

Comments

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

Condolences to you and the large family mentioned in the wonderful write-up. She left far too soon but it seems like she made great use of her years.

• djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only 58 way way to young!! My Condolences to you and your extended family.

• COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

So very sorry for your loss!!!!!

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭✭

Deepest sympathies....

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    My mother in law passed away early May 11th, a little over a year after getting to walk in the parade. Here is the obituary for any who would like to read it.
    https://www.laycock-hobbs.com/notices/Virginia-Lane?fbclid=IwAR1W_6jvGl4KI4PVCrP0Nbn2TZCNNnZzTrFBsIQND1qIScvj6yFhoMvQ3IA

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope your wife and kids are doing well.

• CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear the news. RIP

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    One year ago today my wife and mother in law were at the Kentucky Oaks, thanks to you guys. Today, my wife got a text from her Dad saying hospice thinks my mother in law only has a week or two left. She has been in hospice care for almost 2 months now, and has been steadily declining. We are hoping to make a trip in to see her next Friday for mother's day. I'm hoping she last's that long so my wife can say goodbye one more time.

Did your wife make it?

• 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

My condolences to her family and friends.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

WAY too young. Very sorry for your loss. From what I see and have read, she seems like she was an amazing woman. Prayers to you and your family.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am very sad to hear of your family's loss. You shared some very special times with her over the past two years and her trip to Churchill Downs with you will be remembered the rest of your lives. May she now rest in Peace.

• MarkMark Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten I did not open this thread last year, so I missed the excitement of your wife and mother-in-law at the race. I am certain your mother-in-law thought of that event often in the last year and I am equally certain she realized how much you love your wife to help make the trip possible. As your wife mourns her Mom, she has the memories you helped provide to assist her through this incredibly tough time.

Mark

• fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

John,

I am very sorry to hear this and wish the best for your and your family!! Too young for sure!!

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m so very sorry about your tremendous loss. Too young. :(

She sounds like a beautiful woman, inside and out. I’m so happy she made it to Churchill Downs. Love the pic with Gary Stevens.

I hate cancer. My thoughts are with you and your family. Bless her heart.

:(

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful obituary. Sounds like the most wonderful Teacher, Mother, Wife, and Friend that anyone would love to know.
    Peace to you all.

bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file