Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A shameless ask for your help -The final update

Comments

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

This just goes to show that "vote early and vote often" doesn't only apply to Chicago.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@3keepSECRETif2rDEAD said:

@mannie gray said:
    I just saw this and can't figure out how to vote.
    Only a few minutes left.....
    How do you vote?

...the fastest two minutes in sports ;)

"That's what she said."

• Options
    1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭

Yes I was thinking that !

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2018 6:53AM

Good luck! Hope they have fun.

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic!!!

• Options
    edited May 4, 2018 10:04PM

@jwitten said:

The survivors had a nice box trackside, with all you can eat and drink included, though neither drinks,

:s open bar for someone who doesn't drink..... :s:s always seems to be the way..

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please let us know early next year!

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@jwitten said:

The survivors had a nice box trackside, with all you can eat and drink included, though neither drinks,

:s open bar for someone who doesn't drink..... :s:s always seems to be the way..

Haha! Believe me, plenty of the others took full advantage of it :D

@BlindedByEgo said:
    Please let us know early next year!

They ask that if you are selected, you only do it once to give a chance to other survivors. We are trying to get one of our good friends to nominate her mom next year though, so I may be asking for help again, lol.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very happy for your family.... looks like they had a great time. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wore my pink ribbon pin today just because I saw your post earlier.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was JUSTIFYable!

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

@AUandAG said:
    It was JUSTIFYable!

bob :)

I'm glad they went to the Oaks and not the Derby! They had great weather yesterday, and it pretty much rained all day today!

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for sharing this story. Looks like the ladies had a great time. Just went through cancer my wife and it isn’t fun. So far all is good, I thank God. Best wishes to you all.
    Nice choices the ladies made on their dress and hats, very elegant.

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a cool story!

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome! :)

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful women (congratulations to them), adorable girls and great pictures !

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like it they had a great time at the event.

Thanks for sharing the photos with us.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options

Thank you all again for making this happen. Since May, my mother in law has taken a down turn. The cancer that had been in her bones for 10 years has made it's way to her spine, and looks like it is probably in her brain now. She is having a hard time seeing and walking now, and probably would not have been able to make this trip next year. I will keep yall updated, but it doesn't look great at the moment.

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear this news, prayers are with you and your family.

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

Praying for her and your family.

• Options

Dammit. Hope there is something the doctors can do to help her. I've watched 4 people go through it 2x each and the treatments take a toll on their comfort level. Prayer for your mom in law.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

• Options

Very sorry to hear the news. :'(

Thoughts and prayers for her, you, and especially your wife.

I am very glad they made it to the Derby earlier this year.

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

looks like everyone had a good time :)

coins for sale at link below

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yGharuQgUMTSUKav7

• Options

My week "vacation" actually came at a good time, if that's possible. My mother in law is now wheel chair bound and speaking with a slur, so I drove my wife down to stay with her for a week, and I had our two young kids back at home for a week by myself. I didn't have much free time this past week to say the least.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2018 11:57AM

I'll have her in my prayers <3

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Prayers for you and your family.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

One year ago today my wife and mother in law were at the Kentucky Oaks, thanks to you guys. Today, my wife got a text from her Dad saying hospice thinks my mother in law only has a week or two left. She has been in hospice care for almost 2 months now, and has been steadily declining. We are hoping to make a trip in to see her next Friday for mother's day. I'm hoping she last's that long so my wife can say goodbye one more time.

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

Sorry to heard the latest turn of events. I'm not religious but the LOVE for one's parents is universal so she will be in my thought.

Hoping for the best!

• Options

Best wishes to all at this difficult time. I am glad you updated us.

I actually thought of your mother in law a few weeks ago when I saw an ad on TV. It was for some kind of cancer drug and it portrayed a scene exactly like your MIL participated in - it was a parade (kept generic, no doubt due to copyright laws) of people living with cancer, all wearing fancy hats and at a horse race. I thought of your MIL and the vote campaign last year.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best wishes to you and the entire family. Losing anyone is hard but... Mom.

Take Care!

• Options

A sad situation. The best you can wish for is that the doctors and nurses keep her comfortable and pain free. I hope you all make it to her at least one more time.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

Praying for your family JW.

• Options
    aclocoacloco Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Prayers for you and yours. God's speed.

Successful BST transactions with: jp84, WaterSport, Stupid, tychojoe, Swampboy, dragon, Jkramer, savoyspecial, ajaan, tyedye, ProofCollection, Broadstruck x2, TwinTurbo, lordmarcovan, devious, bumanchu, AUandAG, Collectorcoins (2x), staircoins, messydesk, illini420, nolawyer (10x & counting), peaceman, bruggs, agentjim007, ElmerFusterpuck, WinLoseWin, RR, WaterSports, KeyLargRareCoins, LindeDad, Flatwoods, cucamongacoin, grote15, UtahCoin, NewParadigm, smokincoin, sawyerjosh x3
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

So sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and your family John. -WB

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    RRRR Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

RR

<html />
  • Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

Praying for strength for your wife, her mother and her family.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options

My mother in law passed away early May 11th, a little over a year after getting to walk in the parade. Here is the obituary for any who would like to read it.
    https://www.laycock-hobbs.com/notices/Virginia-Lane?fbclid=IwAR1W_6jvGl4KI4PVCrP0Nbn2TZCNNnZzTrFBsIQND1qIScvj6yFhoMvQ3IA

• Options
    MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a wonderful lady.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2019 2:05PM

Beautiful writing. May she rest in peace. Wish you, your family, and all who knew her the best.

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

The obit was nicely done. Sounds like the sort of lady everyone loved. Sorry for your loss. Cancer is a tremendous thief and not just of life.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file