Home U.S. Coin Forum

vf.investments

Hi all saw this company selling morgan rolls on ebay,any thoughts on them.....

Comments

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

A link to the site would make it easier for folks here to give you some opinions.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard to tell from the info provided :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't xf.investments buy them out? :p

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went to eBay, and my search for vf.investments went nowhere.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • byknowbyknow Posts: 101

VF Investments
    vf.investments (2418 )
    100%

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't find the site.

Don't need another newsletter, but thanks anyway :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

If history can be a guide, stay away.... lots of scams of Morgan rolls.... from the infamous 'ballistic' (totally meaningless in a numismatic sense) rolls to the 'unsearched' of ebay fame. Cheers, RickO

• LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

You sure the listing wasn't on Ali Babba?

Well I got caught up in the great presentation of it and threw my bid in a moment of weakness (sighhhhh!!)..Will let you know the outcome...

Composition: Silver Certification: Uncertified
    Coin: Morgan Dollar Mint Location: Mixed Mint Mark
    Type: Dollar Strike Type: Business
    Grade: Ungraded Year: 1878 - 1904
    Circulated/Uncirculated: Uncirculated

Please keep us informed. :smile:

• Also using PCGS, NGC, ANACS and ANA logos. I can't find a website nor a physical store location for this business. So that in itself needs addressed.

• astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Steps to success ...

1. Invest a lot of VF Morgans
    2. Sandwich 18 them between a pair of MS coins
    3. Roll them in my old-timey rolling machine into paper rolls I have stamped with a Nevada bank name
    4. Scuff them
    5. Image them with some neat old 'bank receipt' behind them
    6. Make no claims whatsoever that could be used to used as a 'guarantee' of contents
    7. Let bidders' greed ... er ... imagination take over
    8. Accept no returns ... plus as soon as the rolls are opened, they are no longer what I sold ... so I'm covered.
    9. Adopt a cat and name him Schrodinger.
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Adopt a cat and name him Schrodinger.

Apply Schrodinger's law: What happens in the cat box STAYS in the cat box.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file