Home U.S. Coin Forum

Newp Neon

2»

Comments

• AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SeattleSlammer said:
    Yes I’ve seen that one “NFS” too .... obviously AB gave him an offer he couldn’t refuse. :star:

Actually when I inquired what i know to be a fair price was offered to me....

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderful coin.

Many happy BST transactions
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wayne, looks like you have done it again.... You sure do find the ones that make your collection a consistent display of technicolor radiance. How about 'Neon Jubilee'.....Cheers, RickO

• AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Wayne, looks like you have done it again.... You sure do find the ones that make your collection a consistent display of technicolor radiance. How about 'Neon Jubilee'.....Cheers, RickO

I like it!

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AuroraBorealis said:

@ricko said:

I like it!

Bingo! For a closet hater of toned silver I'd stick with this one as you don't know when ricko will ever love this way again :#

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@marcmoish ...You are correct... I personally am not a collector of tarnished silver, however, others have every right to collect what they like and Wayne has an extraordinary collection of colored coins.... Cheers, RickO

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @marcmoish ...You are correct... I personally am not a collector of tarnished silver, however, others have every right to collect what they like and Wayne has an extraordinary collection of colored coins.... Cheers, RickO

agreed - I know that - I hope you know most of my message was in jest - I personally have a soft spot for these gems too.

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AuroraBorealis said:

@blitzdude said:
    Looks like that one spent some time in a ziplock full of hard boiled eggs.

I was more thinking Picasso had his way with it... :)

On second thought maybe. Sulfur from the eggs would have toned the reverse as well.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a beauty! :love:

• PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

AkA... lysergic beauty

"It is what it is."
  • PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

If u need a star on the label for this coin or the cac ur just crazy. And if this coin was ever cracked that would be the ultimate sin...one of the best looking holders

"It is what it is."
  • toyz4geotoyz4geo Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you say when you don't know what to say. So many superlatives. Jaw dropping beauty

• MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭

That's quite a coin, print and all!

Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2018 6:20PM

@abcde12345 said:

@afford said:
    HOLT CHIT!!

Sorry I had to FLAG your post. Kids also read these pages. Please use the proper King's English.

Oh my....You are kidding right? I'm going to bet you are a young teacher. I never graduated from high school. That's probably why I don't understand the "flag" and the reason for it. Sorry. <3

"HOLT" = Name of a person or company.
    "CHIT" = A voucher of money owed for food, drink, etc.

BTW, "CHIT's" also read these pages. Look up that usage of "proper King's English" in the dictionary. Guess I am incorrect as you cannot be a teacher after all. I don't do well with GTG either. :(

• 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

That baby is LOADED! Way Cool ;)

edited February 19, 2018 6:22PM

@3keepSECRETif2rDEAD said:

OH NO! Black Flags, CHITS, and guns!

• Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2018 6:27PM

Based on the price, @BillJones might have been bidding? I can promise you @ricko was not! AB stated he bought it later.

• 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:

@3keepSECRETif2rDEAD said:

OH NO! Black Flags, CHITS, and guns!

...I was thinking like a bake potato at the Black Angus...but I was typing so there’s that also ;)

edited February 19, 2018 6:35PM

@Wabbit2313 said:
    Based on the price, @BillJones might have been bidding? I can promise you @ricko was not! AB stated he bought it later.

HOLT CHIT!!

Thanks for the write up from the auction. Very educational! That was two years ago. It's worth a lot more today correct? It should get a Gold Bean as an MS-67 too - right?

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,899 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones must have been bidding.

No, in the words of Clark "Sparky" Griswald, "We missed out on that one."

(National Lampoon Christmas Story)

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very, very nice coin, wonderful color!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file