Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

225th Enhanced Uncirculated SAC Dollar ?

dmwestdmwest Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 21, 2018 6:28PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Why doesn't this coin have the Year? All the other coins do as does the regular SAC dollar.

Don't quote me on that.

Comments

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭

@bsshog40 said:
    Did you look on the edge?

I have now. :)

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was really unfortunate that the Mint moved the year from the obverse to the edge. It interrupted the flow of the series and made the obverse look unbalanced.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually like the look... I would even prefer it without the motto there.... just LIBERTY and Sacagawea.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

IMO much improved with loss of date on obverse - the mint needs to "clean up" coins a bit more....

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Overdate said:
    It was really unfortunate that the Mint moved the year from the obverse to the edge. It interrupted the flow of the series and made the obverse look unbalanced.

Didn't the 2014 also have it on the edge?

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Putting the date on the edge is a just a silly gimmick. It shows how unimportant that feature is to the coin in the government's opinion.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

Edge :)

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
    Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Overdate said:

Didn't the 2014 also have it on the edge?

Every year since 2009 has had the date on the edge, coinciding with the introduction of the annually changing reverses.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Overdate said:

I like the coin....but I always thought that the lower relief made it look like the baby was growing out of her neck.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file