Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Delete - Will repost a new article on this counterfeit certified world pcgs coin

SSRSSR Posts: 235 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 17, 2018 10:08AM in U.S. Coin Forum

The coin has been removed from ebay

www.paradimecoins.com - Specializing in Top Pop Type PCGS CAC coins. Subscribe To Our NEWPs Mailing List

Comments

• Options
    baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭

Good work SSR, thank you.

Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

The bar code on the fake is not a match for the serial number. The counterfeiters have since gotten better about making sure it matches. I would also post this on the World Coin Forum.

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a jungle out there.::(

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

How much did the start the bid? Thank you for sharing

• Options

@Paradisefound said:

Starting bid was $200.

www.paradimecoins.com - Specializing in Top Pop Type PCGS CAC coins. Subscribe To Our NEWPs Mailing List

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

@SSR said:

@Paradisefound said:

Starting bid was $200.

What kind of proof is this? Doesn't look brillant.

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice catch!

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2018 12:23AM

Good work.

• Options
    GazesGazes Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2018 10:17AM

@SSR said:

Seller is in Denmark and apparently is some gallery.

Isn't this from where our President wants to see more immigrants? Actually it is Norway but that's pretty close.

Criminals come from everywhere.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SSR Thanks for the excellent detective work! The small numerals on the label of the fake are an obvious tipoff for me, but being a lifelong editor, I am quite attuned to wrong fonts and sizes, so I'm not sure others would necessarily pick up on that. It always pays, however, for any PCGS coin, to check the PCGS cert number to find out any history you can about that coin.

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really scary for those who do not know...like me! The serial numbers do look smaller.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the detective work and posting the pictures/details. It is getting dangerous out there... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice catch! Thank you for sharing.

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good catch, please share the sellers name here. Thanks!

• Options
    JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018 11:07AM

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

• Options
    edited April 17, 2018 7:37AM

-

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SSR not entirely sure what this thread was about since you zapped all your posts, and now no one can learn from whatever it was you were talking about. Based on the replies it seems to have been something worthwhile....

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless the OP was threatened with legal action, there's no good reason to delete information from the knowledge base of the forum.

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    @SSR not entirely sure what this thread was about since you zapped all your posts, and now no one can learn from whatever it was you were talking about. Based on the replies it seems to have been something worthwhile....

+1

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options

Hi guys, I'll be posting a new article on this with more in depth comparison and new information. Please stay posted, as i compile the necessary information. thank you

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file