Home U.S. Coin Forum

Newp: Dated 1792, size of a half dime, R5 or R6

BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

A 1792 Colombian 1/2R of course, finest graded at pcgs for the type which doesn’t mean much. The issue is more rare the the famous 1792 half disme in all likelihood and costs $149,500 less in AU55!

Comments

• barberkeysbarberkeys Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭✭✭

boosibri - Neat.

Vern
    l
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin... Congrats. Think of all the other coins you can buy with the difference.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it. Very nice pick up! Congrats.

• CharlotteDudeCharlotteDude Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool coin... B)

Got Crust....y gold?
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

The switch to collecting foreign coins will gain momentum as more and more US collectors come to the conclusion that US coins are a poor value for the money.

All glory is fleeting.
  • CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

First to Boosibri - nice coin! I like it a lot.

@291fifth said:
    The switch to collecting foreign coins will gain momentum as more and more US collectors come to the conclusion that US coins are a poor value for the money.

I've found a number of very low mintage coins and proof sets that have low market prices. Beautiful coins with rarity but little demand - at least at this time. One example - simply look north to Canada.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• goldengolden Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool.

• 1TwoBits1TwoBits Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭

Nice one Boosibri. I couldn't find any 1/2R's at the NY International last week.

1TwoBits

Searching for bust quarters.....counterstamps, errors, and AU-MS varieties, please let me know if you can help.
  • jonrunsjonruns Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:

Or maybe they start to collect something else...not sure how you can come to this conclusion...

• hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cameonut said:
    First to Boosibri - nice coin! I like it a lot.

@291fifth said:

I've found a number of very low mintage coins and proof sets that have low market prices. Beautiful coins with rarity but little demand - at least at this time. One example - simply look north to Canada.

Shhhhh, we don't want anyone to know about those low mintage coins to the north. Keep it secret, keep it safe. ;)

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe in 1792, half real was spelled, "half reasl."

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any coin from the 1700's (or earlier) is a very cool coin to own... Cheers, RickO

• MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2018 7:09PM

I am looking forward to watching the "1792 Half Dismes of the New World" collection grow!

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file