Options
First Morgan purchase of the year for me
Common, maybe boring to most, but I though it looked interesting. The luster is strong and unimpeded by the toning.


Collector, occasional seller
5
Comments
Nice Morgan!
66?
Nice coin!
Very nice, congratulations !!!
Nice strike and detail... I do not care for the tarnish... Cheers, RickO
The 1898-O dollar was a scarce coin circa 1960. Then the government released a large number of them from their inventory. It was not as dramatic as the 1903-O, but those who had bought them before the release still lost money.
Old PCI holder?
Keeper of the VAM Catalog • Professional Coin Imaging • Prime Number Set • World Coins in Early America • British Trade Dollars • Variety Attribution
Old PCI MS-63PQ "90% white"
Collector, occasional seller
'Tis white no more! Yeah a common date, but these can be very attractive and reasonably priced.
K
Nice!
I like that one!
My YouTube Channel
My 98-O looks almost exactly like that. Former PCI 63PQ 90% white (ca. 1990), now PCGS 65.
Keeper of the VAM Catalog • Professional Coin Imaging • Prime Number Set • World Coins in Early America • British Trade Dollars • Variety Attribution
I could see this coin in a 65 holder. Although I do like the old PCI and how it is at least a full point undergraded.
Do these ever stop toning or does it just keep going until removed from the pci holder? I think it is near a point where any more would become negative.
Collector, occasional seller
It might stop toning, but I think all the white bits will be gone before then and you'll just end up with a solid burnt orange coin. Fine if you're a Texas Longhorns fan, I guess, but otherwise I agree that it would become negative.
Keeper of the VAM Catalog • Professional Coin Imaging • Prime Number Set • World Coins in Early America • British Trade Dollars • Variety Attribution
Cool Morgan ....neat toning/skin. Unmolested. I like it.
Dave
Nice coin and I like the toning a lot. If the rest of this year's purchases go this well you should be a happy camper.
it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide
Nice coin!
Great luster that shows up in the centers.
Worth a premium
Not a bad way to start the year
That's what I was going to guess as well... nice looking Morgan! Congrats on the NEWP.