Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

DAMMITALL anyway! If I don't hear anything this week!...

topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm gonna be VERY pissed. In the past month (maybe 3 weeks) I have gotten feeble to NO response from a couple of dealers who are very nonchalant about communications and/or policies.
One of them has an eBay presence as well as a personal site.
Trying to find out IF they have rec'd payment.....OR.... shipped..... is like pulling teeth.

I will follow this thread with identities ....IF.... I don't hear from the latest guy.
It's a reason TO order only on eBay or from a "monstrously large" independent.

If these crumbs can't maintain a separate BUSINESS site, then they should confine themselves to eBay.

In my opinion.

I really hope one or both of them reads this forum.

This is exasperating.
:#

Comments

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2018 10:16AM

I have run into some poor communicators as well. If it’s the first time, give them a chance as something may have happened. If not the first time or there are signs they are simply ignoring you, then it’s time to eradicate those people.
    Best of luck and I hope all works out!

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

You hope they read this thread and will know you by your user name to respond here? :/

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2018 10:30AM

@Catbert said:
    You hope they read this thread and will know you by your user name to respond here? :/

Nossir... hoping they can READ the thread and reflect on their behavior and ...possibly... change a few things in their operations.

OR.... if not those two specifically, anyone ELSE who has rambling policies and expects to stay in the coin business.

edited to add that this seems to be a recent thing

• Options
    3Legs3Legs Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited January 7, 2018 10:42AM

Two weeks before Christmas I had a seller wait 5 business days before he got his lazy ass to the post office for an eBay "GUARANTEED DELIVERY" item. I kept trying to contact him but he refused to respond. Left him a neutral (should've been a neg) and eBay removed it for him. I gave eBay an earful about how it was not only unfair to me but he also ignored their new Guaranteed Delivery feature. They said they understood and cared but never restored the feedback.

• Options

Some eBay sellers NOTIFY folks if they are going to be away.
    The least anyone selling coins could do is tell someone who is ORDERING a coin (orders seem to make it in time ;) ) that they are going on vacation, planning to get a tropical disease, just goofing off, or whatever for a period of time.

All I want is RESPONSE

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps most are at FUN? If it has been 3 weeks then obviously not the issue but if recent might be a matter of travel and an active show?

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry your having problems or bad luck I can say that of the 20 items I have bought in the last 2 weeks not 1 has had a problem yet though knock on wood I am due for sure. I hope your problems works out.

In fact the ONLY 1 problem I have had and still have is with the US Mint. They owe me a refund and I now have to PROOVE that they DID NOT PAY ME as they claim to have done some 3 months ago. I mean its all by Credit Card and I have to PROOVE that the funds did NOT enter the Credit Card System. Never in my 40+ years have I had to do this I guess it shows how S#rewd up the US MINT is!

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2018 12:52PM

I always give a same day response on Ebay questions. 24/7/365.

And we offer a nice selection of Whist counters!

;)

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't want to generalize but I will say the absolute worst cases of customer service I've experienced comes from mom and pop coin dealers. Happens time and time again, what a grumpy miserable group of people. I do everything I can to deal with individual collectors and the occasional purchase from one of the online big boys as a result.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have reached out to a dealer this past Monday on a coin and have yet to receive a reply. I was thinking that he may have had a very busy FUN, I may try again tomorrow....definitely frustrating not getting any response....worse case scenario...take your business elsewhere.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just received an email response that something I inquired to buy 11 days ago was previously sold.

I've already moved the dealer to "junk mail"

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

If possible reverse your payment if you are that upset. Then move on and forget them. If you are looking for dealers that know the importance of a customer try Dave Kahn, Brian Greer, Liz and Gail at Teaparty, or Glen at Americana. Never been disappointed by any of these fine folks. Good luck

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    Don't want to generalize but I will say the absolute worst cases of customer service I've experienced comes from mom and pop coin dealers. Happens time and time again, what a grumpy miserable group of people. I do everything I can to deal with individual collectors and the occasional purchase from one of the online big boys as a result.

I think that you did kind of generalize.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not everyone is a CRO.

The standard "it's the holidays" "they are busy as 1 man shops" "you have to be patient" "they have to worry about FUN and were probably in transit and now busy" apply, I am sure.

Pick your poison ;)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

While I empathize with your frustration, I disagree with your methodology.

I have been on ebay for 19 years, and have both a 100% feedback rating and a 100% on time ship rate, and do 6 figures + business a year as a hobby,

But,

If the business wants to be a poor communicator and get bested by a sloth on their actions, their choice to succeed or fail without being threatened or "outed" by people who want to run someone else's business.

Since you mention ebay, post YOUR ebay id, as there are likely people who would preemptively block you for just being a whiny dweeb.

• Options
    DavideoDavideo Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭

It's funny, because all a lazy seller would need to do is email back: "I'm not very good with customer service, but I got your payment and should ship later this week when I get motivated". And that would work for probably 98% of buyers.

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

what did you order? was it new stuff, specialty or run of the mill.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

With the state of electronics today, there is no excuse for lack of communications by a business entity. Between computers, tablets, phones etc., we have virtual lines open at all times. Poor customer service is my one, immediate, irrevocable reason for business termination. Bye Felicia..... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@Kkathyl said:
    what did you order? was it new stuff, specialty or run of the mill.

A coin from Collector's Corner. No eBay at all. HAVE to contact dealer to order. Fine in my book.
    Nothing unusual there. Ordinary practice for me.

AND.... he has hundreds of coins on CC.

What's kinda funny right now is that NO ONE seems to give a fig about references who will send coins on approval.
    In MY book, that's a damn fine reference.

But....well....now.... hmmm....doesn't seem to mean anything.

:/

• Options

Well well well. Finally got through by phone and ...."oh yeah.... I got your payment LAST WEEK"
    Sure I asked IF he had gotten it a while back and heard NOTHING.
    But...it's reassuring that yes he got his money. And now I get a notice of shipment which is one of those "shipment NOTICE received."

I am telling you, this is the damn LAST order he will get.

Cavalier treatment of real buyers is stupidity in the extreme. :#

The only "reason" I can think of to treat customers so untimely and nonchalant is to assure.... (effectively) ...that I will NOT return the item because of the doubt that a refund would be any more timely than the entire transaction.

This is pretty crummy business and will lead to no more business.

Glad he doesn't need it.

Oh well, it's a nice coin.

I hope.

Maybe. :/

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel you, I messaged one last week both through ebay and social media and got the cold shoulder. One nice thing about this hobby is there is always someplace to spend your money.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is that percentage of bozos on both sides of the buy/sell. Thankfully a pretty small population. Nonetheless never ceases to amaze me either.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya need to say who it is that doesn't like your emails and phone calls....or your money ;)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crappy customer service?
    Why not name the dealer?

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options

That would just prolong the incident/s.
    They've lost future bizz from me.

• Options
    JBNJBN Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

I made a purchase recently from a seller. The ebay page had a banner at the top stating the seller was traveling and no order would be shipped prior to xxxx. And that is how it happened.
    Perhaps this option would be advisable to this seller.

• Options

I'd agree if he were an eBay seller.
    But yes, that is much appreciated and I've noticed that before.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file