Options
1900-S $10 GTG - Grade Posted
Boosibri
Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
Boosibri
Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
Comments
Obverse 64/Reverse 63 - overall guess = MS63.
MS63. Just too many marks to warrant a 64.
Agree with Charlotte.
64 cac flirted with guessing a plus
11.5$ Southern Dollars, The little “Big Easy” set
Not an expert on gold, but it appears to be in a newer holder, so I will guess 64.
I also know the OP likes coins that are 'strong' for the grade, so it could be 64 hiding in a 63 holder.
63
ill go with ms 64
Looks 64 to me.
First thoughts was 63 but the obverse is very nice so I could see 64.
For those unfamiliar with the issues, there are some major jump grades from 62 to 63 to 64

Latin American Collection
Recalibrating to 62+
The luster looks 67 but the cheek frost is 60%+ gone and there is a mark in prime focal area. The rose halos around the devices also lead me to believe the luster is boosted by a dip.
11.5$ Southern Dollars, The little “Big Easy” set
Grade is 62. Paid 61 money I think the coin is a 63. Highly doubt it has been dipped as it came fresh from a bank in France and it has good skin.
Latin American Collection
I'm at a 63 on this. Just too much chatter on the reverse for a 64.
I have been wrong before, darker halos in silver typically mean dip but don’t know gold at a high level.
11.5$ Southern Dollars, The little “Big Easy” set
I would’ve guessed 63 if I hadn’t seen the grade first. If I had to guess the grader’s intent, the reeding marks in front of Liberty’s nose were a bit too noticeable to give it a 63, but it could easily regrade as such if the next grading team is having a better day. Agree that this issue is rarer than generally perceived and this example has a nice original look to it. Nice find!
I think you did very well my friend.
That kind of toning is pretty common on original gold because the gold itself does not tone, only the copper alloy does. You can see a whole bunch of examples of that in Doug Winter's Coinapedia and in the random but reasonably frequent DOG (dirty old gold) threads here.
High end 62; chatter limits the grade.
Here is a 63 from Coinfacts. I think it has a pretty good shot.

Latin American Collection
Crack and submit, it won’t go down in grade
11.5$ Southern Dollars, The little “Big Easy” set
Looks 62, TPG would probably give it 63-64 though
The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.
BOOMIN!™
Wooooha! Did someone just say it's officially "TACO™" Tuesday????
Retiring at 55, what day is today?
frost is boss = it looks at least 63
I would have guessed 62.... you did well... It may even 63.... Cheers, RickO
I think 63 is fair.
i would definitely regrade that one.
I vote regrade. Heck, even a plus would more than pay for the regrade.
That's a REALLY strong 62. A 63 is its future.
I would have said 63.
63 was my guess. Great coin!
My YouTube Channel
Way too much chatter and hairline activity for a 63; there is usually a good reason for "undergrades" with the three graders and finalizer agreeing. Cac is a good option, under $15 for the inspection vs. a lot more for regrades.
Before seeing your answer, I was debating 63, but settled on 62. Worth a retry, I bet it plusses.
Nice coin! I remember having a tough time finding one.
I am thinking the cheek will hold it back from a 63 - maybe 62+?
Best, SH
Thanks for showing the grade/price scale. First reaction was 63, however, pcgs can get very picky on the big jumps. Nice coin.
Tom