Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My window NT experiment.

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have several coins on my window sill, none expensive, seeing what they will do if left there for an extended period in a white paper coin envelope. I'm pleased with these 2 and several others.

I must admit, I'm disappointed in the Taco Bell napkin Franklins which aren't doing Jack! :D



Gone but not forgotten: IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Ricko, Big Moose, Cardinal, CoinsAreFun.

Comments

  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I wasn't OCD enough to take pictures at the start and along the way which, in retrospect, would have been fun.

    Gone but not forgotten: IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Ricko, Big Moose, Cardinal, CoinsAreFun.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 13,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I prescribe more sunshine for your coins and you! :)

    "Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working" Pablo Picasso

  • Options
    Desert MoonDesert Moon Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Looking good - I have a few on the window sill with no paper - just sitting there on their own - been good for toning up coppers, silver has not reacted much yet after a year and a few months.

    Best, SH

    My online coin store - https://desertmoonnm.com/
  • Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Looking good

    Trade $'s
  • Options
    jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Peace Dollar looks great. Was it white before the envelope? How long did you leave it there to get it in it's current state?

  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I like the little piece of jasper better.

    Ken

  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 12,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I wanted to try this but I live in England and the sun doesn’t shine here.

  • Options
    ranshdowranshdow Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭

    If I knew this would work, I'd be trying it with Dan Carr pieces

  • Options
    TonerGuyTonerGuy Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

    @Lakesammman said:

    Nice! Did you dip this coin before putting in the envelope? And how long has it been sitting ?

  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Try the brown envelops, they are supposed to work better.

    More Sulphur.

    Frank

    BHNC #203

  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 14,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

    For a second there...I thought you were trying a new operating system...............Windows NT :smile:

    Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb, Ricko

    Bad transactions with : nobody to date

  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭✭

    They've probably been there 2 years or so. Maybe will try some brown envelopes - not a bad idea.

    Sun doesn't shine much in Seattle either - my office faces east so just the nice summer sunrises, o/w the sun is too far south to help much this time of year. I think it's more the room temp and sulfur in the paper rather than the sun.

    Windows NT?? :D

    Gone but not forgotten: IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Ricko, Big Moose, Cardinal, CoinsAreFun.
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Those are looking pretty good; could see them slabbing NT. I especially like the Peace, my GPA’s birth year.

  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

    The Taco Bell napkins that tone coins are the non bleached old brown ones.

    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Boosibri said:
    I wanted to try this but I live in England and the sun doesn’t shine here.

    He lives in Seattle. There is hope for you yet

    m

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @dbldie55 said:
    I still have an old machine running Windows NT.

    Very funny

    mark

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

    ♫ Doctor Doctor, give me the news,

    I've got a... bad case of toning blue... ♫

    I know, terrible, but I tried.....

  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Yup! The older the better!

    @Treashunt said:
    Try the brown envelops, they are supposed to work better.

    More Sulphur.

  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You should see the silver eagle that arrived outside the capsule in the five coin set. Been sitting on that dark blue felt pad that the mint shipped them in. Unbelievable how some things NT, outside of their protective case in a few short years.

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file