Home Precious Metals
Options

I admit I am no expert, far from it, but why are these silver prices different?

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 12, 2017 3:55AM in Precious Metals

I guess they just increased their premium ?
JMBULLION

12/7/2017 Silver ask = $15.79 20 x 2017 BU ASE's are $377.60
12/11/2017 Silver ask = $15.79 20 x 2017 BU ASE's are $387.60

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2017 5:34PM

maybe they think its going higher , or maybe they feel that demand is there at that price so why not?

Buyer psychology is a funny thing , I bet they have a pretty good macro view of what buyers are thinking just from analyzing website traffic

I used to have a webstore selling truck parts that was pretty tightly integrated with google analytics. With one off items it was interesting but not super useful. However , APMEX has millions of visitors every day and selling a commodity like bullion I bet they can look at how long visitors linger on a page before buying and adjust premiums on the fly to suit inventory levels and where they think spot is going.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be their inventory cost !!! :s

Timbuk3
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

a link of what you're referring would be helpful...It's possible that the more expensive roll is a APMEX "Mint Direct Roll"

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA
    They were the same item. And I erred, it was JM Bullion not APMEX, sorry. :disappointed:
    Here is a link :smile:
    https://www.jmbullion.com/2017-american-silver-eagle-tube/

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

could be availability since we are nearing the end of the year and the mint normally stops making the current year by now to start producing the next year in anticipation of the demand.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also holiday demand.....many people (not just coin people) buy the ASE's to give out as gifts... stocking stuffers etc.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Also holiday demand.....many people (not just coin people) buy the ASE's to give out as gifts... stocking stuffers etc.... Cheers, RickO

I got my order delivered yesterday for this, and paid more than I would normally for the stuff I wanted to give out. Is what it is.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2017 9:01AM

Or maybe their replacement cost went up.

Different days, different pricing.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2017 9:39AM

duplicate post grrr