Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Paying $600 finders fee for a coin (Increased)

Eeyore84Eeyore84 Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
edited January 16, 2018 2:18AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

If I acquire (buy) this coin the person who gets me in contact with the owner will receive a $600 check.

I’m looking for this 1936 PR65RB T1 Satin Proof Cent!

Thank you everyone!

Jason Wendt

~Midwest Coin Exchange
Vivid_coins

Comments

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2017 2:03PM

Good luck! Would love to hear how it goes.

• Options
    EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wish I knew the whereabouts of that coin!

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck!! There are some web sleuths out there that may be able to find it.

I wish we would have a thread or sub-forum dedicated to "finding" specific coins. My list is growing..

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I assume you have scoured the registry sets? Unless the set is private the tru-view will show up in the set if it is registered!

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck!

I have been looking for ANY example of certain coin in AU-55 to MS-62, and have no luck on it for a year. You are looking for a specific coin which makes it really hard.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Broadstruck said:
    I just stappled some "have you seen this" signs on telephone poles ;)

Milk carton would be more efficient.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    I've never seen a post like this on the forum. I'd like to see more though seems like a great idea

It looks more like an exercise in futility to me unless he really knows who owns the coin and would like to smoke him or her out.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

@bronco2078 said:
    I've never seen a post like this on the forum. I'd like to see more though seems like a great idea

It looks more like an exercise in futility to me unless he really knows who owns the coin and would like to smoke him or her out.

Whether it helps the op or not doesn't matter to me , I'm just happy to see the coin. I like it , and it is a nice change of pace from the run of the mill look what I just bought thread.

Instead of being presented with a fait accompli we hear about a quest and we are invited to join in B) .

Of course it could be the op is by this action raising the price of said coin :*

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck!

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

So, if you get in touch with the owner of the coin, and you don't buy it, what's the incentive for the person who turns you on to the current owner?

I'll come up with something.
  • Options

I have one that is similar to this piece, and I paid about $500 for it, so he must want this one pretty badly.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:
    I assume you have scoured the registry sets? Unless the set is private the tru-view will show up in the set if it is registered!

Latest Auction Appearances of This Coin:

None found.
    Current PCGS Registry Sets:

None found.

• Options

@NotSure said:
    So, if you get in touch with the owner of the coin, and you don't buy it, what's the incentive for the person who turns you on to the current owner?

They would be foolish not to accept my offer...

Jason Wendt

~Midwest Coin Exchange
    Vivid_coins
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eeyore84 said:

@NotSure said:

I love your style

Mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too but it could work against him.
    If I owned it and he told me that I'd giggle a little.

• Options
    csanotescsanotes Posts: 458 ✭✭✭

As much as it may come as a surprise to some here, not every coin has a price tag on it. Sort of like putting a price on a loved one. Letting the whole forum and whoever else know of such an extreme need doesn't exactly give you the upper hand. Say the coin is worth $500 if it was nothing special. What does that mean?--offer triple?--quadruple?---just how buried in a coin financially do you need or want to be? Do you want to be the putty or the hand in the equation?

Chance favors the prepared mind.

• Options
    au58au58 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

What if the OP knows the provenance and can prove this cent came from the set of which he owns the other four coins? What is the set of five coins worth?
    Or some other scenario?

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

@Eeyore84 said:

@NotSure said:

Doesn't answer my question......

Just say they were to turn your offer down. That leads me to ask again....what's in it for the person who puts you in touch with the owner of the coin? Should you not be able to strike a deal, the $500 turns into $0 for the person who gets you in touch with the current owner? And I agree with csanotes....I don't believe it actually gives you the upper hand, either.

I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on what I read here, whomever finds this coin should buy it as quickly as possible himself/herself.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2017 5:53PM

@bronco2078 said:
    I'd like to see more though seems like a great idea...

Especially if I am able to collect. :D

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

@bronco2078 said:

Kinda reminds my a certain character (Walton) who posted ads for a certain nickel (1913 Liberty) a few decades ago.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

I respect the OP's desire to find the owner of a wonderful coin. I get it.

BUT, is this the correct forum to make this request? I have run across a number of coins I would love to pry out of their owners hands. If I knew who they were.

It would seem to me that instead of flooding this board with "Wanted" offers, that a new forum be created to find the long lost coins someone is interested in paying megabucks for. Maybe PCGS will be able to accommodate such a forum.

In the meantime, I'll offer $600 for info to contact the current owner of the '36 proof. Sarcasm intended, but I suspect you get my points.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

@NotSure said:

@Eeyore84 said:

@NotSure said:

Doesn't answer my question......

Just say they were to turn your offer down. That leads me to ask again....what's in it for the person who puts you in touch with the owner of the coin? Should you not be able to strike a deal, the $500 turns into $0 for the person who gets you in touch with the current owner? And I agree with csanotes....I don't believe it actually gives you the upper hand, either.

I’d pay them $50 and go back to being depressed. Eeyore.. can’t own them all unfortunately.

Jason Wendt

~Midwest Coin Exchange
    Vivid_coins
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

...what else are you looking for? ;)

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    @gonzer said: "Milk carton would be more efficient."

Liquor bottles even better. Not many advanced collectors drink milk. :wink:

Don't forget mustard bottles/containers. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny, I was thinking about starting a running thread like this just last week for those of us who have remorse for selling a coin and want it back. My motivation is of course one that I'm sorry I parted with.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:
    Good luck!

+1

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

You might do better at finding it if you offered some lesser fee for anyone who finds it, regardless of whether you make a purchase agreement. His/her sweat equity should not be dependent on how strong or weak the owner's hands are.

Happy hunting!

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best of luck.... wish I could help.... In the past, while searching for a specific coin, I have been tempted to offer a reward for help.... I am happily past that point now... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭

The bounty hunter.

• Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

@MarkInDavis said:
    This should be in BST.

Maybe that’s why the OP put it in the BST. >:)

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CuKevin said:

@MarkInDavis said:
    This should be in BST.

In case anyone doesn't realize it (or someone does some necro-posting and brings up a zombie thread years from now) I believe a PCGS moderator placed this in the BST this morning as it had been in the US coin forum prior to that, which is why there are comments about the thread needing to be somewhere else.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options

@TomB said:

@CuKevin said:

@MarkInDavis said:
    This should be in BST.

In case anyone doesn't realize it (or someone does some necro-posting and brings up a zombie thread years from now) I believe a PCGS moderator placed this in the BST this morning as it had been in the US coin forum prior to that, which is why there are comments about the thread needing to be somewhere else.

Yes, a moderator moved it here today.

Jason Wendt

~Midwest Coin Exchange
    Vivid_coins
  • Options
    MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

I hope you find it Jason!

• Options

^

Jason Wendt

~Midwest Coin Exchange
    Vivid_coins
  • Options

^

Jason Wendt

~Midwest Coin Exchange
    Vivid_coins
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2017 4:39PM

@Cameonut said:
    I respect the OP's desire to find the owner of a wonderful coin. I get it.

BUT, is this the correct forum to make this request? I have run across a number of coins I would love to pry out of their owners hands. If I knew who they were.

It would seem to me that instead of flooding this board with "Wanted" offers, that a new forum be created to find the long lost coins someone is interested in paying megabucks for. Maybe PCGS will be able to accommodate such a forum.

In the meantime, I'll offer $600 for info to contact the current owner of the '36 proof. Sarcasm intended, but I suspect you get my points.

If I am lucky enough to find the owner of coin in question and get the $500.00 in my pocket then YES! :p:p:p:p:p

• Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does this mean I shouldn't have cracked it out and use my blowtorch to get it back to a more natural brown color?

• Options

Paying $600 TTT

Jason Wendt

~Midwest Coin Exchange
    Vivid_coins
  • Options
    JBNJBN Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eeyore84 said:
    Paying $600 TTT

Then you should update the $$$ in thread title.
    I admire your passion and willingness to offer, then raise, your finders fee.
    Interesting idea for a 'hurt me' or 'bounty' forum topic. Mine would be cert#25511488.

• Options

Absolutely stunning piece.

Jason Wendt

~Midwest Coin Exchange
    Vivid_coins
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm looking!! I really am!