Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Has anyone received a telemarketing call from Premier Rare Coins?

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be very suspicious, as they are using a no name caller ID.

Here is what's on my caller ID:

Ellicott City, MD
410-696-0065

I tried calling back after I hung up on the guy and got a voice mail message about Premier coins.

Anyone want to give them a call? Be my guest.

Is this the company? http://www.prc.gold/

Comments

• Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Website says they are in Florida, not Maryland, so I wouldn't necessarily assume they are the same operation. I have a feeling "Premier" is one of those words that anyone could latch onto....

I'd run from any cold-call coin/bullion/investment seller. They give me the willies.....

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2017 4:27PM

That would piss me off. I'd be wondering if some coin dealer shared my info.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options

@ms70 said:

That's what I'm thinking.

Reputable coin dealers Do NOT make cold calls.

Let me re-phrase.....Reputable coin dealers SHOULD NOT make cold calls.

• Options
    edited November 28, 2017 4:43PM

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do reputable coin dealers make cold calls?

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

A klaxon works well for stopping those calls. :)

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

something is not adding up
    I know of a dealer in Ellicott City MD., but not that name!
    looks like someone is mixing apples and oranges and half truths
    My advice is RUN away fast!

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options

@RogerB said:
    A klaxon works well for stopping those calls. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3oFFYUNX-8

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd pass !!! :p:s

Timbuk3
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I received such a call, I would hang up - likely in the first seven seconds... that is all it takes for me to recognize garbage.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Took me 6 seconds to buy the Eliasberg 1884 $20 (which was better) from @MrEureka, but he knew what he was selling.
    I likely pissed away 30 seconds on this specific call, but the "click..." was worth it. B)

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get tired enough getting unsolicited calls from dealers I don’t know or barely know. Most of them are not marketing anything that is of interest to me. After a while they quit calling because they know they have drilled in a dry hole.

I really don’t want to encourage any more of those calls, however.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

Hello all,

I just wanted to take a second and explain the phone calls, we were attempting to try and open new clients via telemarketing. We quickly found this was not very efficient, and we got a lot flack from it. We would like to deeply apologize for the inconvenience, and please pm me directly if your phone number is still on our list so that I can get it removed. Goldbully, your number is probably on a lead database, if you haven't already you should sign up to be on the national do not call list, our lists get correlated with the national DNC and the numbers get removed. Sorry to bring up an old thread, I just wanted to reach out and drop a line to anyone that has any issues with our company and make it right, trust me we are working class people and are not looking to aggravate or try and rip off anyone.

Thanks,
    Michael Quint.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

no thanks "click"

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a klaxon for the purpose of aiding telemarketers and similar vermin. Clears out the ear wax clogging their headsets.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Report it here with comments if you wish to:

https://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-410-696-0065

• Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lesson learned: Collectors do not like cold calls!
    1) Indicates that someone knows we may be collectors.
    2) Assumption that anyone selling over the phone is a shyster.

Just don't do it, no matter how "pure" your motives. It might seem like a great marketing idea....but it just ain't.

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

As soon as any of them start their spew.....I hang up! :s

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get many "spoof" telemarketing calls even though we are on the no call list. The caller ID shows a local phone number with the proper area code and exchange but the actual caller is somewhere far away.

I use the miniature version of a Klaxon - an air horn from my old sailboat to clear out their ears.
    Lately, I have been digging into them with a profanity laced crazy tirade, but it is not as satisfying as they simply hang up on me instead of vice versa,

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny9434 said:
    no thanks "click"

...I miss being able to take my anger out on a landline phone, forcefully slamming it back into it's plastic-holster till it eventually breaks in half...smart phones just don't give the true feel to those on the other end of a hang up...back in the day, you could actually feel being hung up on...and it was a good feeling to know that the moron on the other end could feel it also ;)

• Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2018 5:02PM

@ms70 said:

You think a coin dealer is going to share your info with another coin dealer? That's the last thing anyone would do.

More likely it's a club membership or subscription list or the like.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file