Home Sports Talk
Options

I don't know how much more I can take......

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of this STUPID play acting crap everyone is doing when a TD is scored. What a bunch of CRAP. MAKES ME WANNA PUKE!!!!

This is NFL football....not school play acting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2017 9:18PM

Go figure. I love it. I really do. I look forward to TD. The No Fun League needed a pump

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Go figure. I love it. I really do. I look forward to TD. The No Fun League needed a pump

mark

To each his own Mark. To me it's just stupid and childish.

• Options
    edited November 16, 2017 9:25PM

I don't know what to tell you. It's great seeing players having fun. If fun is making you miserable you should stop watching. I know I would

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    I don't know what to tell you. It's great seeing players having fun. If fun is making you miserable you should stop watching. I know I would

mark

You can have fun without acting STUPID!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

I find it rather creative and entertaining. Then again, I'm pretty easygoing and not wound up so tight.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

The bobsled act the packers did a few weeks ago was a classic. The hide and go seek by Pittsburgh was quite funny, too.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    I find it rather creative and entertaining. Then again, I'm pretty easygoing and not wound up so tight.

You actually like watching them play leap frog and all the other stupid little drills they do??!!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

You actually like watching them play leap frog and all the other stupid little drills they do??!!

I do. Like I said, I find some of them creative and entertaining, and it's all in good fun. Frankly, I don't see any reason to get worked up about it.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't mind it but I find it weird that they can do all that but someone bumped the goalpost by accident while celebrating and got penalized :D .

To spice things up a bit they should do more of that. Randomly assign a penalty for some celebrations but refuse to explain why

• Options

@Brick said:
    What they do may seem childish but then again these are very young adults just getting over their childhood. If this type of celebrating bothers you become a Browns fan. They do very little of this nonsense.

They sure can celebrate picking first in the draft every year. But it is short lived , it only lasts until the moment before they trade the pick for history's next brock ostweiler again.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    Of this STUPID play acting crap everyone is doing when a TD is scored. What a bunch of CRAP. MAKES ME WANNA PUKE!!!!

This is NFL football....not school play acting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ex-lax may help you

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite celebration will always be the Barry Sanders flip the ball to the ref and jog back to the sideline. It's no flash but a great message:

'Celebrate? I do this all the time; it's really no big deal...'

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

Barry Sanders had class and so did Emitt Smith.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

They sure did.

They relaxed the rules this year on celebrations. Jon, you don't have to embrace the change but I wouldn't let it bother you. Not worth blowing a gasket over. At the end of the day it's no big deal.

Lighten up my friend

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

They sure did.

They relaxed the rules this year on celebrations. Jon, you don't have to embrace the change but I wouldn't let it bother you. Not worth blowing a gasket over. At the end of the day it's no big deal.

Lighten up my friend

mark

Mark - I know it's not a big deal, but just stupid. I can see the person scoring spiking the ball or doing an arm pump. But all the crazing dancing and then all the others joining in and doing the stupid little skits....just stupid.

And to top it all off they get penalized if the dunk the ball over the goal post! And I like the dunk!

I guess I am the only one that cares....that's normal...right. ;)B)

• Options

i was rooting for the Steelers to score 15 touchdowns last night

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    i was rooting for the Steelers to score 15 touchdowns last night

They almost did. I looked forward all day to see what they had in store for TNF

m

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

They sure did.

Lighten up my friend

mark

Mark - I know it's not a big deal, but just stupid. I can see the person scoring spiking the ball or doing an arm pump. But all the crazing dancing and then all the others joining in and doing the stupid little skits....just stupid.

And to top it all off they get penalized if the dunk the ball over the goal post! And I like the dunk!

I guess I am the only one that cares....that's normal...right. ;)B)

Nah, I think it's mostly crabby old man syndrome. A lot of white males over 65 get it. I would go get it checked out or join the Knights of Columbus

mark

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a feeling the "over celebrations" will die down eventually... there's a bunch of pent-up enthusiasm for celebrating now that they loosened the rules.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

Three or four Chiefs had a sack race after a Travis Kelce TD.
    I thought Tyreek Hill would win, but he rather obviously flopped, and Kelce cruised to a victory.

• Options

@Darin said:
    I thought Tyreek Hill would win, but he rather obviously flopped, and Kelce cruised to a victory.

Loved it

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@Darin said:

Loved it

mark

Made me puke.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Darin said:

Loved it

mark

Made me puke.

We are all worried about you. Really

mark

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw it and was surprised they didn’t get a penalty, I didn’t realize they relaxed the rule but either way I was fine with it. It wasn’t anything more than those guys having fun during a solid all around performance. Different story if the game was still undecided maybe but all in all it was great to see the players actually having fun as it was a nice break from all the controversy surrounding the flag and possibly it’s a step in the right direction in taking the negativity out of the game that seems to be getting out of control. We sometimes forget that the purpose of the league is for entertainment purposes

• Options

Just can't mess with the goal posts or cross bar.

m

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2017 2:25PM

@Justacommeman said:
    Just can't mess with the goal posts or cross bar.

m

Or the center field logo, though that may be unofficial.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Darin said:

Loved it

mark

Made me puke.

We are all worried about you. Really

mark

Don't worry about me.....I'm fine. Really. :)B)

• Options

Good if you ever need to talk........ Call Bronco

:D
    mark

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

mark

Dumb, but I like that stuff too. Icky Shuffle was the best.

• Options

Great when Zeke jumped into the Salvation Army kettle after a run.

Guess they can forget about that this year.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am with Dimeman on this, it is one of the many reasons I don't watch the NFL.

Paul Brown is quoted as once telling his players "When you score a Touchdown act like you've been there before." that was, of course, in an era when everything wasn't about "me" and what "I" did, it was about the Team.

• Options

@keets said:

Paul Brown is quoted as once telling his players "When you score a Touchdown act like you've been there before." that was, of course, in an era when everything wasn't about "me" and what "I" did, it was about the Team.

Glad to see I am not alone in my thinking here.

• Options

remind me never to take keets or dimeman to a party

• Options

@keets said:

Those days left when the new uniform became tats and dreadlocks. When the American flag became a focal point of bogus repression. Let the jerks have their fun as in a decade their brains will be too scrambled to enjoy much of anything.

• Options

no, those days started to leave longer ago than that. do a search on Billy "White Shoes" Johnson.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    remind me never to take keets or dimeman to a party

Hey, I'm a fun guy at a party. But a NFL Football game is NOT a party! ;)

• Options

@keets said:
    no, those days started to leave longer ago than that. do a search on Billy "White Shoes" Johnson.

Or Mark Gastineau.

• Options

that brings up an interesting point.

players can score a Touchdown and do a celebration that they have actually rehearsed. --- no penalty.
    a Defensive Lineman can sack the QB and make a spontaneous expression that brings a penalty. go figure.

• Options

Protocol should be established by the coaches, not the refs. They of course have lost control of their players.

NFL will be toast in a few years. Enjoy the game now.

• Options

Found your new avatar photo glick

• Options

Maybe after Christmas, Bronc.

In a decade we will be watching Rugby before the NFL.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    Maybe after Christmas, Bronc.

In a decade we will be watching Rugby before the NFL.

Don't count on it.

• Options

Anyone thinking the NFL is going anywhere is kidding themselves. :)B)

• Options

A-freakin'-men!!!!

• Options
    edited November 18, 2017 12:56PM

I turn on the NFL for one reason and one reason only. To be entertained. Went Im not I'll turn it off. Oh and Fantasy Football

This the most fun I've had watching in years

m

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not a fan of the over the top celebrations either dimeman. Just not my style. Seems childish and unprofessional. I'm not going to bust a gasket over it, but it just seems stupid. Don't even get me started on the dreads. Ridiculous. If I was a defensive coordinator, my guys would definitely be grabbing those nasty things to sure up tackles. Ugh.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    I'm not a fan of the over the top celebrations either dimeman. Just not my style. Seems childish and unprofessional. I'm not going to bust a gasket over it, but it just seems stupid. Don't even get me started on the dreads. Ridiculous. If I was a defensive coordinator, my guys would definitely be grabbing those nasty things to sure up tackles. Ugh.

I totally agree! That long hair makes a good grab for a tackle.

• Options

@craig44 said:

That's a pretty offensive last part of your statement.

• Options
    edited November 18, 2017 8:47PM

@grote15 said:

@craig44 said:

That's a pretty offensive last part of your statement.

Indeed.

It's ok to accidentally tackle by the hair if it's in the way but telling your players to purposely pull hair to make a tackle because YOU don't like dreads lacks spine.

Dreads are cool. I still wish I had enough hair to don them

m