Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Wednesday Night Mercury Dime Grade Poll. Picture of Slab in 1st Post.

FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 9, 2017 8:51AM in U.S. Coin Forum

New Purchase this week. Please give your comments. I will come back sometime tomorrow with the Coin Grade.

Well I like original dimes and this is Totally Original. Also I really think this is a Full Band coin and probably it will be sent back in. Thanks for all of the comments.

Ken

Wednesday Night Mercury Dime Grade Poll. Picture of Slab in 1st Post.

Sign in to vote!
This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

66FB CAC

• Options
    panexpoguypanexpoguy Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

65 FB CAC

• Options
    BeerockBeerock Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

66 fb cac

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like it. 66FB CAC.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2017 9:02PM

Not the most eye appealing imo, strong strike, nice luster, especially in the fields, the reverse is strong and deserving of the FB. I'll say 65 with no sticker.

But I voted wrong, 65 fb no CAC. Could be 66.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Technically 65 or even 66 with FB but no sticker due to poor eye-appeal.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a fan. But 66FB, no sticker, wouldn't surprise me.
    Lance.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't like the obverse (cheek/face area with the gold/brown discoloration) nor the milkspot on the reverse.
    That said, I think it still got a 65, but no cac.

Not a coin I would want.

I would, honestly, want to give it a lower grade than the choices allow......

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't thrill me either. I don't hate it, but I would pass it by ...unless it was REALLY priced right.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t like the chatter on the obverse. Don’t see it grading higher than 64.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this is a coin that might benefit from a quick dip. :o
    64FB

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not an attractive coin, but technically it could go 66FB CAC....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

66FB no CAC...I don't care for the "tone" of this coin, especially on the face.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

It would be more appealing if the face were not as heavily toned compared to the balance of the coin, but I have come to appreciate this look as I see this tone on frosty dimes and so I have a number similar to it. This one is in my set:

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

66 fb with cac

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bump for the Grade.

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2017 8:57AM

Wow, the first GTG that no one guessed correctly (that I seen) 67 is a lofty grade for that dime, but we are only looking at pictures. And a sticker too.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    RollermanRollerman Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a fan of that type of toning, and I know some are. It is original and FSB's, but with the mark on her neck and the chatter on the reverse and what I consider low eye appeal, I gave it a 64 cac. Just my opinion.

"Ain't None of Them play like him (Bix Beiderbecke) Yet."
    Louis Armstrong
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭✭✭

What held it from FB?

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! I thought 67, but didn't think PCGS would give it that. And it sure looks FB from the pic.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Nice! I thought 67, but didn't think PCGS would give it that. And it sure looks FB from the pic.

Agreed. Sure looks FB to me.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a coin that will never be cracked out ... and will probably be a difficult coin to sell for whoever owns it.

All glory is fleeting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file