Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Take a look at my Pan Pac "short set"

I've always loved the Panama Pacific Commemoratives. I'll probably never will own the $50 pieces. I had a chance to get one a long time ago, but the kids college educations mattered more.

Paying for 3 college educations and saving for retirement really took me out of the coin market for a couple decades.

At this point of my retirement, I can now afford to buy a few trinkets now and then.

Comments

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! That's certainly respectable!

Cheers

Bob

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• Options
    garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

Nice and nicely matched. Congrats!

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love that you have the box. Nice short set!

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice!

Let's put a picture in this thread.
    Lance.

• Options
    RockyMtnProspectorRockyMtnProspector Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking set! As you can see I'm also a fan of the Pan-Pacs. And kudos on the box as well.

GSAs, OBW rolls, Seated, Walkers. Anything old and Colorado-focused, CO nationals.

Gonna get me a $50 Octagonal someday. Some. Day.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

great looking trio, and the box is a nice artifact.

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brokecollector That is a very mice looking set. :+1::+1:

Thanks for sharing it.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

From arms distance they look great for the grade, nice job! Get a D Carr 2.5 ounce Gold pocket piece and call it good.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice looking set!!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

very nice set

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Lance for the utilization of "attach image"..."attach file" can be so bothersome.

Great looking Pan-Pac Set! I am fairly certain that @ricko would approve of the unmolested surfaces.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes!! That Pan-Pac set is totally awesome.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    23Pairer23Pairer Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Great looking set, congratulations!

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice matched set!

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options

Thanks for the kind comments and thanks to Lance for fixing the image.

The $1 has a beautiful orange color. The half dollar is blast white, so it's probably not original. The $2.5 was acquired recently to complete the set, nice strike, but a little dull looking.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

The three piece Pan PAC is really nice. The trouble for was that the only set was offered to me had a problem half dollar in it that had been worked over with an eraser. I believe the issue price was $7.50.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2017 5:49PM

Member Kaz has one with the original box toning.

I just had a conversation with another collector talking about future college expenses. He made a good point stating if your kids aren't smart enough to get a scholarship these days they are too dumb to go to college anyway.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Broadstruck said:
    Member Kaz has one with the original box toning.

I just had a conversation with another collector talking about future college expenses. He made a good point stating if your kids aren't smart enough to get a scholarship these days they are too dumb to go to college anyway.

That logic makes the unwarranted assumption that things like SAT scores, essay contests and glowing testimonials always predicts success in college.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice threesome!

Should have made your kids work and get loans like the rest of us suckers. lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file