Home U.S. Coin Forum

Don't you just love it...Silver in the wild!

oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was making change for a customer and saw this "dirty one" staring back up at me.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...

Comments

• tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! What are the odds of most of them being tails side up?

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the find :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's great - a WWII warhorse still doing its duty in 2017.

When I search a box of nickels I usually find one or two war nickels. In the last box I went through, I found two - in the same roll - 1943P and 1945P.

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was a 43-P...I did check for the 43/2...no dice...but silver in the wild is nice!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2019 4:11AM

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ldhairldhair Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's fun. You just never know.

Larry

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome find- it's been a couple years since I've found a war nickel. Cool!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finding those old war nickels is tough these days....I have some large containers of change that have never been searched...just piled up over the years (30+)... I know there must be a couple of old nickels there...maybe this winter. Cheers, RickO

• LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice :)
    That second one in on the bottom righthand corner coulda been worth a look too..ya never know..two in the same till ;)

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's some silver REALLY in the wild.

Shadow on pic but the rock is real. It's in the Tonopah, NV mining museum.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file