Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Mint announces a new Preamble to the Declaration of Independence Platinum Proof Series

jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 27, 2017 3:07PM in U.S. Coin Forum
Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Comments

• Options
    GoldenEggGoldenEgg Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just skimmed the photos of the coins and did not read any of it, but they look nice. They would probably look good in platinum too.

Only thing is: I don't see much difference in the Life and Happiness designs.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:
    Not too bad, in my opinion. What do you think?

corrected linky

http://news.coinupdate.com/united-states-mint-announces-new-one-ounce-platinum-proof-coin-series/

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2017 4:14PM

Goodnefs!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's kinda cool but I'd rather see each amendment get it's own coin. Maybe that's next.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kiyote.... Yes, I would like to see that as well... I am sure it is in the planning stage down the road. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to link to that site. Not having any luck. I'm almost glad. I'm afraid that what I might see will wreck my Saturday afternoon. BTW, I got the old '76 Silverado 4x4 to crank, fire- up, and run. Hot wired it. Now put the front tires back on, some gas, and away we go! Driving lessons on the ranch for 5 year old mini-Hydrants, Nicole and Brooke. There's more to life than coins. But not much!

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kiyote said:
    It's kinda cool but I'd rather see each amendment get it's own coin. Maybe that's next.

That wish will eventually be granted.

The mint will churn out endless new products, for the rest of our lives and far into the future, in an increasingly vast array of designs, metals, sizes, coin finish and packaging options, and other fancy features and gimmicks.

Nothing against this issue or subject matter in particular, but i just cannot keep up with it all. Uncle!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait.. there's 27 amendments?! I'll be dead before then. Plus I'm not sure how the 24th amendment addressing poll taxes can be explained on a coin.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2017 4:38PM

It's interesting that the two s letters in Happiness look different. It looks like "Happinefs", a bit like the f in Life.

I'm also getting used to togas on the American frontier. Initially, Liberty in a toga in front of a landscape makes me think of Italy or Greece.

It's also interesting the eagle isn't holding any arrows like on other recent coins. I want to find out when the eagle lost its arrows now.

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2017 12:42AM

@kiyote said:

The design of 18th Amendment coin should be interesting!

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be nice if they strike the same designs in fractional plats or silver for us less wealthy collectors.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file