Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

All 3 came from the same type album, wish he had more in it.

Comments

• Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    sure wish PCGS would include a grade on their pics.

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    sure wish PCGS would include a grade on their pics.

Sure is nice to have the PCGS cert. App on my phone. :wink:

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow - looks like they had been sitting face up on cardboard for decades!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

i love the looks of the quarter.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neat, but that 62 seems harsh.

Was it a Wayte Raymond album?

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2017 11:56AM

I like the toning on the reverse of the Standing Liberty Quarter, but other two don't do that much for me. They are too dark for my tastes, and if they had stayed in that holder for much longer, they would have "gone around the bend." > @Treashunt said:

Neat, but that 62 seems harsh.

Was it a Wayte Raymond album?

No, I don't think that MS-62 is harsh. The coin is attractive and the picture is small, but I think I see some rub on the highest points.

I think that MS-64 is overly generous for the 1880-S dollar. The obverse has a lot of marks, and the cheek is far from close to clear.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

That standing quarter is special.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That WLH could use a good dip..... Well, that is my preference anyway.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW! Good looking coins!

• Options
    KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet coins for sure!

• Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, those are super eye appealing!

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,892 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmmm.... artificial toning? Funny how that same sulfurization is sometimes considered natural and other times artificial

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    That WLH could use a good dip..... Well, that is my preference anyway.... Cheers, RickO

I don't that would dip well. The toning is too deep into the surface.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

@ricko said:

I don't that would dip well. The toning is too deep into the surface.

Yup. Too dark. It would most likely either turn out splotchy or ruin the coin from overdoing it. And it looks ok as is anyway.

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones ... Bill, you are likely correct..... that seems close to terminal.... at least the color on the pictures seems to be.... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file