Home U.S. Coin Forum

Today I Turn THE BIG 50...Please Post Something from 1967 to Cheer Me Up

RichRRichR Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife says she’s going to buy me a box of Depends for my birthday!

Comments

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

First coins purchased in 1972 from Woolworth’s from those revolving cases (remember those?) that you could stop and reverse with the buttons on top.

Then I made friends with the coin guys in Gimbels and Macy’s...while mom and dad were shopping.

Memories...I laugh now thinking that they could safely let a little kid go shopping alone in a department store back then.

• KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't own an American coin from 1967, so a couple of Canadian coins will have to do. The quarter is in an ICCS flip which makes photography difficult.

Happy Birthday!

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

50 is the new 35

This is what you say when your get of age

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Old saying...........better than a stick in the eye.....

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2017 6:35AM

Happy Birthday! We are in the same boat, turning 50 this year. This is not my coin, but I would like to obtain one of this "vintage";

https://www.apmex.com/product/43727/1967-south-africa-1-oz-gold-krugerrand

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only 1967 DDO.

• giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love those 1967 Canadian commemorative coins! Especially when they look like this! (Nope, not mine anymore. But I did well on it.)

Happy Birthday @RichR!

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

All I have from '67 is a cent and I'm afraid that you wouldn't be able to see it anyway. ;)

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't think much of anything from 1967 that would cheer anybody up. Except, I do recall a certain young lady. She was, ah, um....Oh well...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

• ldhairldhair Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

50 is a cool age. Nice round number. Easy to remember. :)

Larry

• OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm 74 and still pretty cheerful. However, it would be nice to be as young as 50 again.

Are you cheered up yet?

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s better than the alternative. Happy Birthday!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, no 1967, but 100 years earlier this is what was going on.....

Happy Big 5-0 !

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday!

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cheer up! I graduated from high school in 1967 so it could be worse ...

Here is a 1967 Canadian commemorative $20 gold piece. A lot of U.S. collectors wanted one of these pieces in 1967, but it was illegal to bring them into The United States. Now that they are legal, some people think of it as a lump of gold.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy birthday! Here are some cameo/dcam SMS pieces.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

1967 Canada silver medal (silver dollar sized) - I believe that a lot of these went to the Pot back in 1979-80:

• mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday... don't have really any 1967 U.S. coins imaged, so this will have to do...

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2017 4:43PM

Some of the '67's I dug out for fun.

Oh, yeah...and, this!

edited October 14, 2017 8:36PM

Thanks for all your best birthday wishes.

Some nice '67 coins on display there...but jeez, 1967 was really a mundane year (along with '65 and '66) for US coins, wasn't it?

I tried to explain the concept of Special Mint Sets to my wife (lack of Mint production capacity in addition to avoiding hording silver coins)...and she said, "That sounds lame...and makes no sense. Why does the Mint always have its head up its as*?"

Sadly, I could only agree with that assessment...it made no sense.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Thanks for all your best birthday wishes.

Some nice '67 coins on display there...but jeez, 1967 was really a mundane year (along with '65 and '66) for US coins, wasn't it?

I tried to explain the concept of Special Mint Sets to my wife (lack of Mint production capacity in addition to avoiding hording silver coins)...and she said, "That sounds lame...and makes no sense. Why does the Mint always have its head up its as*?"

Sadly, I could only agree with that assessment...it made no sense.

A big part of the trouble was that the mint director blamed coin collectors for the problem. The real problem was a fundamental shift in the silver price that too many people anticipated accelerated by the introduction of the Kennedy Half Dollar.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

...Jimi on June 18th, 1967...Happy Birthday buddy ;)

• StoogeStooge Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR sadly I turn 50 on May 7th of next year. Not looking forward to it.
    Happy Birthday to you and many more...

Later, Paul.
  • air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

Happy "50th " to you!

• SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tomorrow...I’m planning to adopt Jack Benny’s policy re his age: “I’m 39...!”

Funny random story...I actually found myself in the same department store building today where I purchased my first coin-related item at the age of 5.

It was a Gimbels back then and today it’s Macy’s (in Westchester County, NY). Haven’t stepped foot in there in 25+ years and suddenly my wife asked me to pull in to pay a credit card bill.

The first item I bought way back in the day was a paperweight in the form of a 1964 proof set locked inside a clear lucite cube. My dad liked it so much that he ended up using it on his desk.

• SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭

from my Kennedy set.

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

I couldn't find anything from 1967 or 1767. This will have to do.

Happy birthday!
    Lance.

• skier07skier07 Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillDugan1959 said:
    Slightly OT - medical - at fifty years old...

Be sure to get the fifty year-old physical examination, the nuclear stress test for the heart, the colonoscopy, a sonogram check of the carotid arteries, the pneumonia shot, maybe a few other tests, if you have not already done so.

Fifty years-old is the age when the hidden little bombs inside a person need to be detected, because that's when they start to go off... in my case it was coronary artery disease about the heart - a couple of well placed stents probably kept me from a major heart attack that was looming.

FWIW, the nuclear heart stress test is much less intensive than 10 years ago (I started my fifty year-old tests at 48 because I was very leery of my overall physical condition). Today's heart imaging is amazingly good.

Perhaps '50 is the new 35' in your head/mind/attitude, but your heart/arteries and your gut may not know that! Get all those tests if you can get your health insurance to go along! They made a lot of difference for me or I might have made a sorry corpse at fifty-two or thereabouts!

You can't take your coins with you!

Colonoscopy YES

Pneumonia vaccine no

Carotid ultrasound no

Stress (cardiac) test no

Yearly physical exam YES

Flu shot YES

Happy Birthday!

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR.... Happy Birthday....I am a bit older.....but the 60's were good years, Navy, kids, career change, life change, country change..... Ah yes..... Have a fantastic day... Cheers, RickO

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday!

• moonshinemoonshine Posts: 1,039 ✭✭

Happy birthday!

• TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lets just pretend your name is Bill. ;)

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope you had a great day!!!

:+1:

• ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2017 12:27PM

Recently crossed from an NGC 67 UCAM into a PCGS 67 DCAM