show me a coin that you have not posted here before

KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 7, 2017 7:49PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2017 7:58PM

Another cool coin. Thanks for sharing.

@SimpleCollector said:

Sometimes you never know what you will find at your local coin shop. Wasn't ever thinking I would have one of these. Genuine but with env damage...Thought it had nice eye appeal

• ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

This is a tougher date that took me time to find. Commonly seen with darker color.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2017 9:22PM

1811 (Large 8) Capped Bust Half Dollar

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • ldhairldhair Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

Larry

• ldhairldhair Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

Larry

• KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going to PCGS soon for a TrueView

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • cmanbbcmanbb Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting 'first time' coins here, thanks :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a part of my "on again, off again" large cent date collection. I try to get hooked on doing a one a year date set, but my attention span does not seem to keep me at it.

The 1821 large cent is considered to be a semi-key date.

And here is an 1816 year set for the U.S. Mint. The only thing that is dated 1816 is the cent.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones
    I did not know that about the US Mint in 1816, Thanks :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Off topic, never seen this slab 'in the wild', are they still in business?

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shamika .... that is a very nice 1915 Buff.... Cheers, RickO

• FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent coins from everyone.

I particularly like the large cents BillJones, outstanding.

• PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

I love the way the CBH tones.

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does token count?

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't normally post my modern crap :)

Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • JJSingletonJJSingleton Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a bunch of commems that I don't think I have ever posted before.

Joseph J. Singleton - First Superintendent of the U.S. Branch Mint in Dahlonega Georgia

Findley Ridge Collection
    About Findley Ridge

• CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

No hairlines, satiny cartwheel luster; this coin is from the grading days when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type

@BillJones said:
    This is a part of my "on again, off again" large cent date collection. I try to get hooked on doing a one a year date set, but my attention span does not seem to keep me at it.

And here is an 1816 year set for the U.S. Mint. The only thing that is dated 1816 is the cent.

I get first dib on Bill's coins should he decide to sell.

You don't know what I paid for this stuff. Yes they are nice, but they didn't come cheap, and there are a number of other hand picked pieces.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bill,

Do you think that your beautiful 1816 Large Cent pictured in this tread originated from the famous Georgia "Randall Hoard"?

@BillJones said:

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"

I am sure that the 1816 came from the Randall Hoard. The 1816 is not as common as the 1818 and the 1820, but it's in the mix.

@BillJones said:
    You don't know what I paid for this stuff. Yes they are nice, but they didn't come cheap, and there are a number of other hand picked pieces.

No doubt every piece deserves the price you paid. In my mind, when great coins are available, those who hesitate will forever regret it.

• OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still in the old green PCI-45 holder that I bought from forum member Buffnut when ebay was new. Slabbed as a D/D. One of these days I'll get a better picture of the mm.

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

1938-S Oregon 50c-part of my color coin type set.

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our host has this coin right now for grading. I've been quietly putting together certain commemorative half dollars. I really like some of them, not all, but certain ones I find very attractive.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file