Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

<<<1986-87 FLEER BASKETBALL PSA 9 SET BREAK (& STICKERS) IS LIVE ON OCTOBER 7, 2017 @ 6PM EASTERN>>>

1235»

Comments

• schapkoschapko Posts: 341 ✭✭

Ring a ding ding... Jordan sticker! As long as slot 140 is it as I'd assume it'd be.

Buying 75 Topps Reg. Size PSA 9
    1975 Topps Registry Set "Scott's 75 Topps Set"
  • cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty happy with Karl Malone and Xavier McDaniel.

• ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2017 10:39PM

Guess I couldn't have done worse. Well, better luck next time!

• vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

I think I got Kelly Tripuca and Alex English sticker. Ouch.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

my apologies to the OP and everyone else that was involved. I got jammed up with work and some personal stuff and pretty much was off line and not paying attention to emails. Congrats to the winners and thanks to those who took my spots

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Check out the hits Cakes got...wow. Mullins RC, Akeem RC, Bird Sticker, etc. well done

And fergie23, with only 2 spots, hit Dr. J and Worthy....well done

• Magic Johnson sticker isn't too bad. thanks for doing this.

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HighGradeLegends said:
    Check out the hits Cakes got...wow. Mullins RC, Akeem RC, Bird Sticker, etc. well done

That is sweeeeeeet! I needed that Akeem bad and those others help too, thanks HGL!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • GilbeyGilbey Posts: 205 ✭✭✭

Thanks for putting this together. It was a lot of fun even if the results for me say otherwise.

Thank you everyone for the words. I am about 75% done packing this up. Largentcollector had nice hits too...2 spots...hit Isiah Thomas and Kareem sticker.

• I don't think anyone can top Mike Gminski and Purvis Short.

• @HighGradeLegends said:
    Thank you everyone for the words. I am about 75% done packing this up. Largentcollector had nice hits too...2 spots...hit Isiah Thomas and Kareem sticker.

I was surprised to see Kareem was the lowest pop sticker almost 200 less to the next closest.

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim

I have sent all participants PMs w/ tracking #s for their cards. These will be accepted by the USPS around 10:30am eastern time Monday, 23 Oct 2017.

• hslicehslice Posts: 74 ✭✭

I tried to follow this and was a little interested. Was this a buy-in for a lotto for a chance at the '86 card set? What was the buy-in amount so I'll know for future.

• Tecmo BoilTecmo Boil Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

@hslice said:
    I tried to follow this and was a little interested. Was this a buy-in for a lotto for a chance at the '86 card set? What was the buy-in amount so I'll know for future.

Original poster had a complete 1986 PSA 9 set. He sold 143 "slots" raffle-style to people for $79 each (one for each card in the set). Once all slots were full and everyone paid, he randomized the order so that a random card was matched up with each slot. You then got the card(s) which matched your slot(s).

• RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

Im building this set of anyone is interested in selling off any of their winning cards they do not want. Just PM me.

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    Nique and Drexler if I'm reading this right, first time I've 'scored' on one of these. Many thanks to the OP for organizing a smooth break!

Two nice hits, @LarkinCollector

I was able to score the Karl Malone.

Jeff

• flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Best mail day ever - Senor Jordan has arrived!

It all hit home the other day when I saw this graphic on Vintage Card Prices:

15th all time basketball card going.....incredible!

Thanks for a great break everyone!

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Ebay Store
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic score flcardtrader.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Glad it arrived safe and sound!!!!!

• CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

@RookieHOFers said:
    Im building this set of anyone is interested in selling off any of their winning cards they do not want. Just PM me.

any interest in the Fat Lever 9?

Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • balco758balco758 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another big thanks to HGL. My "non-MJs" arrived safe and sound yesterday. A big effort by HGL and IMHO went off very smooth.

Side note, I have now done 2 86 Fleer random breaks and won 2 Orlando Blackman's.....lol

Thank you to everyone for the kind words! I hope to do another one of these sometime in 2018. I have a few other sets I can offer. 1987 fleer psa 10 and others.

• RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

@CSUrunandstun said:

@RookieHOFers said:

any interest in the Fat Lever 9?

Got him already, I am sorry

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • LargentcollectorLargentcollector Posts: 760 ✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2017 6:27PM

My cards are sharp thanks for the break, you ran like a pro!

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim

@Largentcollector said:
    My cards are sharp thanks for the break, you ran like a pro!

thank you, Sir, I can't wait to do this again with another set!

• JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got back in town and received all cards. Great packaging. Thanks for a seamless break it was very well executed.