Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

<<<1986-87 FLEER BASKETBALL PSA 9 SET BREAK (& STICKERS) IS LIVE ON OCTOBER 7, 2017 @ 6PM EASTERN>>>

This thread represents the official announcement for the opening of the PSA 9 1986-87 Fleer Basketball Set Break.

The set break will go live at 6:00PM Eastern time on the 7th of October (or about 24 hours from now).

PLEASE READ THE RULES AND TERMS OF THE BREAK (SEE BELOW) CAREFULLY BEFORE COMMITTING TO PARTICIPATE.

IF YOU DISAGREE OR DISLIKE THE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT PARTICIPATE. I SHALL NOT DEVIATE FROM THE BREAK RULES AND TERMS TO ENSURE FAIRNESS TO ALL PARTICIPANTS.

Rules & Terms...

A. Card Breakdown: 143 total cards are included in this 1986-87 Fleer Basketball PSA 9 set break. That is 132 base cards (numbered 1 thru 132) and 11 sticker cards (numbered 1 thru 11). There are no duplicates of any kind in this break; there are no cards external to the set offered with this break. Each card is 100% authentic, genuine, and graded PSA 9. A preview of each card may be found the post directly following the announcement post. If you want to see additional pictures of a specific card prior to the break, please contact me and state exactly what you want to see and I shall provide what you want to look at.

B. Entry Terms: One entry constitutes one card. Participants are authorized an unlimited number of entries (yes, the maximum really is 143 for a single participant, but you get what I am saying). CU Forums members have the priority for participating. I will list your CU forum name next to each of your entry numbers to confirm your participation. See the third post in this thread for the "live" running tally of committed participants. The default entry order is on a first come, first serve basis. However, if you have a lucky number and want your screen name to be slated for that number, I will accommodate you as long as no other member is already occupying that slot. In the event the break is over 50% full and the break needs more participants to close out, I will allow CU forum members to have their family members, friends, facebook pals, and those trusted individuals from other sports card forums to participate and fill the remaining slots. It is the sole responsibility of a given CU forum member to create a unique "participant name" for these non-CU forum participants so I can deconflict their entries from your personal entries (I do not want post-break drama). And for the record, I personally shall not participate as an entrant in any shape or form. Rather, I am just facilitating the break. Participants of all nations are welcome; however, please read the shipping and payment terms carefully if you are a non-USA participant.

C. Entry Price: $79.00 for each entry spot.

D. Shipping Fees & Methods: All participants shall pay for shipping in addition to the entry fee. For USA mailing addresses only, the shipping fee is $3 for a single entry slot, $1 for each additional entry slot, with cap of $5 total shipping (so if you buy 6 slots, you only pay $5 max for shipping). All cards shall be shipped inside of an unused/new bubble mailer via USPS 1st Class Package w/ tracking; all participants with 5 or more entries shall receive their cards inside of a small cardboard box. Any participant winning a total value cards exceeding $300 in present market value shall have to sign for their cards upon receipt. In addition to the base fees for USA shipping: 1) The winner of Michael Jordan Rookie Card #57 shall pay a post break fee of the actual USPS shipping label price of either (their choice) USPS express mail or 1st class registered mail; and 2) Non-USA mailing address participants shall pay actual USPS shipping label costs to their country, to be estimated up front and be finalized post-break based on the # of entries they buy into, the present market value of the cards they won, and USPS pricing for their nation. For all participants regardless of location: any and all duties, customs, fees, or taxes associated with customs and entry into their nation or state shall be paid buy the participant (not me). If an international participant wins the #57 MJ, then they are required to pay additional postage to support USPS express international mail to their location. For USA participants, I am not paying for shipping insurance. If you desire shipping insurance based on your post-break winnings, contact me post-break and I will arrange insurance for you at your cost.

E. Payment Requirements: Paypal Friends and Family represents the primary form of payment. However, if you feel more comfortable using Paypal Goods and Services, then that method is approved for this break, but you shall add 2.9%+$0.30 for each payment a participant makes (USA people only) or 4.4%+$0.30 for non-USA participants. If you require a different form of payment, please contact me to arrange ASAP. DO NOT SEND PAYMENTS TO ME UNTIL THE SET BREAK IS 100% FULL. At that time, I shall send each verified participant a PM directing them to send payment. Please pay in a timely manner so we do not delay the break for a small few. My Paypal payment email address is highgradelegends@gmail.com. Anyone requiring post-break additional payments for shipping fees, please do not send me anything until I contact you first to work it out based on your unique situation (i.e. you won the MJ and you live in Japan).

F. Start Time: The break shall begin at 6:00 PM Eastern on Saturday, 10/7/2017. Reply to this break thread after 6:00PM Eastern on Saturday, 10/7/2017, with the total number of entries you are committing to. EXAMPLE: "I am in for 3 spots" or "1 spot please" or "put me down for 4 spots and I want spot numbers 7, 8, 9, and 10 please," etc. Please do not go back and edit your commitment comments in the thread. Once you commit, I am counting on you to participate.

G. Live Stream & Randomization Info: After all break spots are filled and confirmed paid by all the participants, I shall announce a date/time where I will stream a live broadcast of the randomization of the break. I shall strive to select a reasonable day of the week and time, such as a Saturday evening; but the timing will solely be based on when the last participant's payment is confirmed. The live stream of the break shall be found on YouTube. I shall provide a link to the forum once the date of the stream is confirmed. Each entry slot purchased shall be assigned a number in the range of 1-143 by the order of purchase (or preference). This numerical list shall appear just below the card pictures post in this thread. I will shall update this as frequently as possible as people are committing to participate. The slot numbers will then be put through the randomizer on Random.org and randomized 10 total times. The 10th and final randomization shall be the official break assignment of the set and each numbered entry spot shall receive the exact card that matches their spot.

H. Dealing w/ Unexpected Problems: I do not expect anything to go wrong with this break. However, I cannot plan for every contingency up front. In the event a participant backs out at the last moment and/or fails to pay, I shall solicit those who have already committed to the break first to see if they want to pick up the unexpectedly open spot. If they do not want it, I will then open it up to anyone for a quick fill. For other unexpected issues, I shall offer the participants solutions and seek a general consensus (from the participants, not from the non-participant "cheap seats"); however, I have the final say in the adjudication of any problem.

I. Questions? If you have a specific question, but not for the forum, contact me via PM. If you have a question or clarification that all may benefit from, please ask via this thread.

Comments

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Click on the direct link below to see each card in the break. I loaded everything in this album in order to avoid blowing up the thread with huge photos.

143 Break Cards: https://imgur.com/a/VYveg

Below are the pics of the prized MJs that I have placed in prime time here.

• Options
    edited October 21, 2017 5:48PM

Confirmed Participants List (Updated as quickly as I can do it).

Last Update: 10/17 @ 7:25 PM eastern.

1 WFFL
    2 WFFL
    3 secretstash
    4 RipublicaninMass
    5 sportscardstop
    6 RipublicaninMass
    7 RipublicaninMass
    8 daddymc
    9 daddymc
    10 sportscardstop
    11 daddymc
    12 daddymc
    13 djr
    14 w785
    15 w785
    16 w785
    17 JayZee68
    18 Tecmo Boil
    19 flcardtrader
    20 Largentcollector
    21 ergoism
    22 balco758
    23 djr
    24 secretstash
    25 OAKESY25
    26 mrmojorisin
    27 schapko
    28 fergie23
    29 flcardtrader
    30 Cakes
    31 vintagefun
    32 fergie23
    33 mrmojorisin
    34 OddRodz
    35 OddRodz
    36 OddRodz
    37 shu4040
    38 shu4040
    39 balco758
    40 balco758
    41 jtg41
    42 initialD
    43 OAKESY25
    44 w785
    45 baz518
    46 cecropiamoth
    47 DerekD
    48 Cakes
    49 ElvisP
    50 ElvisP
    51 ergoism
    52 flcardtrader
    53 Cakes
    54 flcardtrader
    55 RAPTORSRULE04
    56 jfkheat
    57 Tecmo Boil
    58 jlvette50
    59 ergoism
    60 jfkheat
    61 Gilbey
    62 flcardtrader
    63 secretstash
    64 cecropiamoth
    65 Gilbey
    66 ergoism
    67 flcardtrader
    68 JBrules
    69 ergoism
    70 gosteelers
    71 ergoism
    72 secretstash
    73 ergoism
    74 jtg41
    75 RyanAdmirer
    76 secretstash
    77 CSUrunandstun
    78 Mefer
    79 flcardtrader
    80 Largentcollector
    81 JBrules
    82 flcardtrader
    83 Arsenal83
    84 w785
    85 ChrisRx
    86 JayZee68
    87 JayZee68
    88 JayZee68
    89 jjworm
    90 Gilbey
    91 flcardtrader
    92 flcardtrader
    93 flcardtrader
    94 flcardtrader
    95 flcardtrader
    96 OAKESY25
    97 Cakes
    98 initialD
    99 Gilbey
    100 ergoism
    101 flcardtrader
    102 daddymc
    103 flcardtrader
    104 w785
    105 Grimster
    106 JBrules
    107 jjworm
    108 jlvette50
    109 targo98
    110 ssollars
    111 flcardtrader
    112 DerekD
    113 jfkheat
    114 JBrules
    115 RyanAdmirer
    116 flcardtrader
    117 LarkinCollector
    118 Cakes
    119 flcardtrader
    120 ssollars
    121 vintagefun
    122 flcardtrader
    123 schapko
    124 ergoism
    125 Gilbey
    126 Jfkheat
    127 CardcounterTwo
    128 ihurley1
    129 targo98
    130 ssollars
    131 brad31
    132 Cakes
    133 flcardtrader
    134 LarkinCollector
    135 flcardtrader
    136 targo98
    137 flcardtrader
    138 JBrules
    139 baz518
    140 ssollars
    141 ergoism
    142 jtg41
    143 flcardtrader

• Options
    WFFLWFFL Posts: 494 ✭✭✭

I am in for two spots.

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

I am in for (1) spot, thanks.

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

In for 3 packs

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

That would be random

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

Just to make it official (after 6:00 p.m.), I'm in for (1) spot, thanks!

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2017 3:15PM

I will take #3, #24, #72 and #76 please.

4 spots Thanks.

• Options
    sportscardstopsportscardstop Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

I'll take 2 spots #5 and #10

• Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭

I will take 4 spots please.

Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    w785w785 Posts: 35 ✭✭

I'll take 3 spots, thanks!

• Options
    GilbeyGilbey Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

2 spots please. #99, 125 please. Thanks for doing this.

• Options
    Tecmo BoilTecmo Boil Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

1 spot for me please.

• Options

4 spots --- 17,86,87,88

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

1 spot #83 please

• Options

I updated the confirmed participant roster moments ago.

So far we have 28 total spots filled or 20% of the break. I think it took about 2 weeks or so for Slum22 to fill the break. We may or may not be on a similar pace.

For those who are confirmed participants, please review the roster thus far to make sure I met your wishes and the number of spots you have = correct. Silence = all good.

• Options
    schapkoschapko Posts: 341 ✭✭

I'll take 2 spots #27 and #123 if available.

Buying 75 Topps Reg. Size PSA 9
    1975 Topps Registry Set "Scott's 75 Topps Set"
  • Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

I am in for 5 please = 19, 29, 67, 101, 143

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    WFFLWFFL Posts: 494 ✭✭✭

I mentioned 2 before, and you told me slots 1 & 2, but I am good with the one.

• Options
    ergoismergoism Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

I'll take 10 spots: 51, 69, 66, 71, 73, 100, and four randoms. Thanks

• Options
    w785w785 Posts: 35 ✭✭

I'll take an add'l spot - #44 please. Thanks!

• Options

@WFFL said:
    I mentioned 2 before, and you told me slots 1 & 2, but I am good with the one.

you are 100% correct, Sir. My error. Corrected.

• Options
    edited October 8, 2017 8:17AM

I have updated the master reserved slots and ordering list through this post.

I also corrected the total number of spots and numbered placement mistake I made for Mr. WFFL (my bad) and moved Mr. gosteelers from #2 to #70 to support this correction (#70 is the only Steeler retired jersey, Ernie Stautner, fun fact).

Finally, I added all the other requested spots to date.

Once again, please check my changes as we move forward. Advise me of any mistakes or errors.

At this point we have a total of 47 spots filled or 33% of the total break, pretty good for under the first 24 hrs IMO.

• Options
    RAPTORSRULE04RAPTORSRULE04 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭

Please put me down for one spot. #55 if possible.

• Options

I have once again updated the master reserved slots and ordering list through this post.

I had a valued forum member contact me requesting to reserve the very last/final spot in the break. He will accept any ordered number on the list, but wants to commit to the last spot now. I agreed to this request as I feel it is fine. So going forward, I will be adding +1 to the grand total tally of spots taken in order to complete his request. If you have an issue with this approach, please speak up. If not, then I assume we are all good.

At this point we have a total of 49 spots filled or 35% of the total break.

• Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

Two spots

42 and #98

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

31 and 121 please

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options

I have updated the master reserved slots and ordering list through this post.

At this point we have a total of 53 spots filled or 37% of the total break.

• Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Am in for 34 / 35 / 36 BUT !!! only if you change your pic to something that is not instantly annoying. :) Serious though.

• Options

5 more = 91 through 95 please.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭

I take spots 110, 120, 130, 140

thanks

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

I will take spots 25, 43 and 95

• Options
    cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll take two slots. #'s 46 and 64 please.

• Options

I’ll take two, slot 20 and 80. Thanks!

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    Tecmo BoilTecmo Boil Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

All right. I'll take one more.

57 please

• Options

Updated the master roster moments ago.

Right now we are at 74 total spots filled or 52% of the break thus far.

Pretty good for being live for 2 days.

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

High Grade,

Are spots still avail? If so, will take 2. 39 and 40.

Thx
    Steve

• Options

HGL,

Sounds like fun, I would like spots 41, 74 and 142.

Thank you,

John

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll take one, random.

• Options
    GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

1 random for me please.

• Options

I'll take 2 slots: 26 and 33 please.

• Options

I have updated the master list again up through this post; I have accounted for everyone's spots so far.

All confirmed participants, please continue to check the list after I update it to ensure your commitments are reflected correctly, thank you.

Right now we are at 82 total spots filled or 58% of the break thus far.

Thank you for all who have committed to participating. We are getting much closer to to filling up!

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like 4 spots please, number 30 and 3 randoms ones.

Sorry about calling you obtuse in the other thread, I meant no harm, I was just trying to be funny.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

I'll take #'s 75 and 115 please. Thank you!

I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

Two slots.

Robb

• Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭

2 spots

• Options

I again have updated the master list to reflect the most recent additions. Please check my work.

Right now we are at 92 total spots filled or 65% of the break thus far.

• Options

52, 62, 82, 122, 133 as well please

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    DerekDDerekD Posts: 388 ✭✭

I'll take 2: 47 & 122

Thanks

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

I'll take two random spots, if available. Thanks.