Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1916 SLQ on Fleabay

ebay.com/itm/1916-25C-Standing-Liberty-Quarter-RARE-NO-RESERVE-/182807280888?hash=item2a9029bcf8:g:SVkAAOSwL5BZ1YAZ

Ebay seems to be unusually terrible the last couple of weeks. Scammers gearing up for Christmas?

Comments

• Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gone.

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

This will appear for sale in a few weeks in another flea bay auction with a low starting price of only $1000.00!
    This puppy was made in China more likely than not.
    During the period of time, many years ago, when these were allowed on flea bay they were supposed to come with
    the word COPY stamped into the field, but when they came, PRESTO!!, there was no word copy on the coins.
    I have a really nice proof like 1921-D buffalo nickel that does not have the word copy on the coin as it was supposed to.

I just had to inform another flea bay seller that his 1883-cc morgan dollar was a chineese fake.
    This is an epidemic that just keeps on giving and giving to the scammers.

Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
    a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

China, the gift that just keeps on giving

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where there is profit, there will be profiteer scammers..... be it counterfeit coins, AT (especially) or otherwise doctored. It is all about the money and to hell with the suckers. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

It really is a shame that things like the OP coin make it to sale. It's going to ruin the hobby, especially when some newbie buys one, then loses money because it's counterfeit.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw a collector on eBay buy a 1916d dime for over a grand that was one of those so-called copy coins without the word
    copy. he never got his money back as the seller booked and left a number of ripped off ebeyers high and dry.

Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
    a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

"There is no Santa Claus in numismatics" was coined in the 50's, but people still believe that they are smarter than the other millions of people who don't jump on these "deals".

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file