Home Precious Metals
Options

Shoots! Another record, after another record, after another record,....

renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

When will it stop?

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess, 2018, about the same time when gold & silver is recovering. ;)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@renman95 said:
    When will it stop?

It never has, just like all asset classes. Some just fall asleep for a bit, while others go into a coma.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hear Warren Buffett's call for DOW 1,000,000 last week? "Some people alive today will see it, it's not that far off."

He clearly thinks it will never stop and is one of the best equity salesmen in history.

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2017 6:53PM

@VanHalen said:
    Hear Warren Buffett's call for DOW 1,000,000 last week? "Some people alive today will see it, it's not that far off."

He clearly thinks it will never stop and is one of the best equity salesmen in history.

Perhaps a tad too far-fetched ("some people alive will see it")

I do agree with him regarding his long term faith in the s&p

• Options

@ChrisRx said:

@VanHalen said:

Perhaps a tad too far-fetched ("some people alive will see it")

I do agree with him regarding his long term faith in the s&p

If the DOW averaged a 6% gain for 65 years it would be at 1,000,000. That's the year 2082 when many of today's millennials will be alive and under 95 years of age.

Warren Buffett is now 87 years old. When he was 21 the DOW was at 240. It has averaged over 7% annual gains since that time. I realize it's not the same 30 stocks, not even close. It sure as heck won't be close in 2082 either.

• Options

The market is just not the same as it was when Buffett was trading in his early years (I even read somewhere that if he had to do it all over again and "start fresh" today that he doesn't think he would be as successful.) Perhaps electronic instant trading (computers) have something to do with it.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will continue until a major black swan event... and then, hold on tight and be sure you have gold, guns and lead....Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ChrisRx said:
    The market is just not the same as it was when Buffett was trading in his early years (I even read somewhere that if he had to do it all over again and "start fresh" today that he doesn't think he would be as successful.) Perhaps electronic instant trading (computers) have something to do with it.

The market is exactly the same....a collection of companies. Don't make this into rocket science, keep it simple...it works.

• Options

@ricko said:
    It will continue until a major black swan event... and then, hold on tight and be sure you have gold, guns and lead....Cheers, RickO

Yup, just like in the 1930's or 87. Funny thing though, the market has a tendency to recover. On the other hand, if you're waiting for the Zomby (Walker) Apocalypse, those guns will be needed. Silver bullets for Vampires & Werewolves?

• Options

@ricko said:

I think most folks in Puerto Rico just want food, water and electricity. Are we stacking those?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk .... Preppers are stocking food, water and generators.... I know a few....Cheers, RickO

• Options

Looks like Puerto Rico is stacking debt

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is talk of the US bailing out Puerto Rican debt. Ugh. That could leave a mark.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

"Looks like Puerto Rico is stacking debt"

P.R. is a welfare state and has been one for a long time. Unfortunately, the rest of the US will foot the bill for years to come.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2017 7:32PM

Yep. We run/own the joint so we might as well clean it up. Mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2017 7:47AM

What's the statute of limitations on secession from Spain? Spain should be lobbied to take PR back.

Madrid doesn't want Catalonia to secede because as a productive region, Catalonia can be milked.

Spain always claims rights to sunken Spanish galleons when recovery operations are taking place, and those ships sunk centuries ago. They have no consistancy in their claims. Puerto Rico's cession from Spain is much more recent than those galleons.

Such hypocrisy. In other words, money talks. Who represents Bacardi in Congress? That's what matters when it comes to paying off PR debt.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

Looks like the DOW might blow through 23000..................this afternoon!

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty awesome to be diversified. Always something to celebrate (and sell a little of)

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Opportunities abound

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Palladium.... for the moment, is setting records, in the precious metal's arena. (Must be due to a coin )

Or was this about strike-outs, home runs & Aaron Judge ?

Or the stock market's new highs ?

Records keep breaking. Global warming ?

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Palladium.... for the moment, is setting records, in the precious metal's arena. (Must be due to a coin )

Or was this about strike-outs, home runs & Aaron Judge ?

Or the stock market's new highs ?

Records keep breaking. Global warming ?

Well, today it was AAPL & Bitcoin. On Friday it was the NAZ & AMZN, days before that it was the DOW and S&P.