Home Precious Metals
Options

2017 "Blinded" Liberty- ever see one of these?

PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was searching for some rounds to add on to the stack, and came across a creation by a Chris Duane? Never heard of him; I thought his rendition of a modern Liberty, and association to debt/Fed was probably inspired from some of Dan Carr's hard time tokens? I have some of Dan's hard times, and thought the theme was quite similar. Like!

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2017 5:10PM

Chris Duane has a whole stable of designs and part of the problem is that he milks them as hard as the Mint does with multiple finishes and as hard as Dan Carr does by combining and re-using them ad infinitum. I realize that there's a profitability model involved in each case, but it destroys any residual value of an interesting design when they all do that.

I do like some of his work and much of his subject matter is interesting as well, but I gave up supporting him when he trashed the value of one of his early proof issues by taking months and months to deliver and then by repeating the same design over and over on different metals and in different sizes & iterations. That got rid of me as a customer in a big hurry.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

SDbullion is the official distributor of his "ahem" art rounds. Like jmski52 indicated, milks his products as hard or harder than most Worldwide Mints.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well...that one is interesting.... have not heard of his work before... but do not do much with art rounds...I have a few... significant items and a few Dan Carr pieces......Cheers, RickO

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the information on Chris Duane, and his pieces. Although I'm more partial to Carr's hard time themes; I thought Duane's modern rendition of Liberty was pretty close, and interesting...Too bad he blew out the presses on this one. Probably only ever fetch $30-$35....unless silver rockets. Thanks again.