Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New purchase...1913 S T2 Buffalo Nickel. GTG

jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have waited a long time to find these two coins in the condition I wanted for a price I was willing to pay. Love these items, hope you do also. If you would, GTG.
Thank you,
Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2017 2:30PM

AU-53 on the T1
    MS-60 on the T2

(Edited because I only saw the T1 at first)

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it as an XF-45

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will guess AU50 on the T1 and AU53 on the T2.

Both are nice better date coins, and I appreciate them a lot more than the abundant gem 13P T1's.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say AU-58 on the 1913-S Type I and EF-40 on the 1913-S Type II.

I guessing the slab grade on the 1913-S Type II could be EF-45. The spots are enough to knock 5 to 10 points off the grade for that piece in my opinion.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

50 on both.
    2nd coin a bit better but knocked down for spots.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

I felt the 1913 S T1 to be AU53 and pcgs graded the 1913 S T2 as AU55

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... I would have guessed 55 and 53....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a pretty darn nice pice for a 55. Great score, Jim!!

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see any wear at all on that Var. 2. I would have guessed a 62 on that one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file