Home U.S. Coin Forum

congrats to Sports Moderator's promotion.

KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sports Moderator was promoted to Moderator.

September 23, 2017 9:01AM

Comments

• 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ive heard that nobody is better at turning trolls into koi nibbligs...Long live the law ;)

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's back??!!

Look out, bad guys! ;)

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can check out any time you like,
    But you can never leave!

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perks include larger hats.

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

He definitely needs a big raise!

Tempus fugit.
  • KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2017 2:51PM

@cladking said:

& stock options.

B)

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KollectorKing said:

@cladking said:

& stock options.

Free grading and party supplies come to mind. ;)

Tempus fugit.
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not Smotis...

• BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

What are we talking about?

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2017 4:45PM

It's not smotis?? :'( I'm guessing it's because PCGS wanted him to work Friday nights. :)

Mark

• ldhairldhair Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great news.

Larry

• ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭✭

Fake news?

• LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

You feeling lucky.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a promotion ? Poor guy.

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

What was his position before?

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure he always was a moderator.

edited September 23, 2017 7:24PM

@cameonut2011 said:
    What was his position before?

@cameonut2011 said:
    I'm pretty sure he always was a moderator.

His previous title was sports moderator, now, moderator.

For some of us that are not in the loop what the fluck are you talking about. Mod vs sport's mod ? Sorry but idk. Is this for the sports thread? Do users get promotions? Is this a worker here? Sorry for my ignorance.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember the good old days when Steve Martin was our moderator, I really miss those days.

@BruceS said:
    For some of us that are not in the loop what the fluck are you talking about. Mod vs sport's mod ? Sorry but idk. Is this for the sports thread? Do users get promotions? Is this a worker here? Sorry for my ignorance.

At one time SM moderated the US coin forum & carried a big stick. He won't take non-sense from violators of forum rules. If you did you're history.
    SM commanded a lot of respect here.
    Then he disappeared...& rumors were flying that he no longer worked for CU.

Others may correct me on any of the above.

What does "if I did my history mean " and what announcement saying he is back where can that be found? I think a good mod would be a good thing for this place as it can be a little too political some times and someone keeping it onpoint could be a good thing. That being said, sometime a good spirited debate doesn't hurt either as long as it's not hurting anyone. Thanks for the clarification

eBay ID-bruceshort978
  • RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is SM!

You're history = banned as a cu member.

Check activity when you click on the lined box on top of page (right hand side). You'd be amazed at the tidbit info shown.

Ok. I did not know i was banned. Where does it show that ?
    But the activity thing I didn't know about that either it is interesting..thanks.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    edited September 23, 2017 8:33PM

@BruceS said:
    Ok. I did not know i was banned. Where does it show that ?
    But the activity thing I didn't know about that either it is interesting..thanks.

If you were banned, you wouldn't be able to post here.
    Relax if you haven't violate any cu posting rules there is no reason to have you banned.

Anyhow cu seems to have relax moderating these forums.

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

He has been gone a while, last real posts were in 2011. I just gave him his first ever Thumbs up... just because he needed more than a rack of goose eggs... :D

I'm relaxed. Believe me.

Thanks for the reassurement. It was a little. Misleading.

You typed ;

"Your history = Banned as a CU member. "

It apperared you were addressing me specifically.

it's all good..hope our new leader will keep us all in line.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    edited September 23, 2017 10:01PM

@BruceS said:
    I'm relaxed. Believe me.

Thanks for the reassurement. It was a little. Misleading.

You typed ;

"Your history = Banned as a CU member. "

It apperared you were addressing me specifically.

it's all good..hope our new leader will keep us all in line.

At one time SM moderated the US coin forum & carried a big stick. He won't take non-sense from violators of forum rules. If you did you're history.

You cannot select certain passage to get your point across. You have to refer to what I posted earlier to see the full meaning. Besides how can I, a mere mortal ban anyone?

I have never ever used your for you're unless it's a typo.

• themasterthemaster Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

SM1, if I remember correctly. His reappearance would be a blessing.

Have a Great Day!
    Louis

"If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some." Benjamin Franklin
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@themaster said:
    SM1, if I remember correctly. His reappearance would be a blessing.

Have a Great Day!
    Louis

You bring up a good point... Is "Sports Moderator" actually the same SM1 that used to post and moderate here? There is no photo in his profile.

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

No. It isn't.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did see that announcement... however, I still have no idea what it really means... Cheers, RickO

@ricko said:
    I did see that announcement... however, I still have no idea what it really means... Cheers, RickO

It means that instead of being the mod for only sports forum, he is the mod for all cu forums, us coins, foreign coins, stamps, etc.?

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

He was that before.... Cheers, RickO

• ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

A promotion? To which Circle of Hell? >:)

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file