Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Not bad for a roll find! Calling error experts!

I found this during one of my recent roll searches. I knew it was an error, so I sent it in for fun. I'd like to know what you guys think since errors are not in my wheelhouse.

Comments

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2017 6:13PM

Wow nice what do does the reeding or lack of (edge of the coin) look like?

• Options

Non-existent

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a die trial/set-up piece......excellent find!
    WOW ! B)

• Options

For those that don't want to look up the cert: Die Adjustment Strike, MS62

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice adjustment strike!

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

Major score for a roll find. Congrats!

• Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, I never would have imagined a coin where the grade would be a toss-up between PO-1 and MS62! Nice find.

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasn't there a thread on this coin today? I think someone posted it earlier, did you share your submission results?

Cool error!

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cody71086 said:
    Non-existent

Then that would make it a Die Adjustment Strike

Had there been reeding, then it would have been a massive die fill error

• Options
    Cody71086Cody71086 Posts: 58 ✭✭
    edited August 15, 2017 7:01PM

@BruceS : I just noticed that thread! I keep my submission results public to add to the fun.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic! In that condition I guess someone put it aside 40 years ago and then someone recently ran it through a coin machine thinking it was old and worn.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw this on the other thread... did not realize it was a roll find.... How cool.....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,576 ✭✭✭✭✭

I assume the weight was spot on, eliminating the possibility this was a thin planchet. Heck of a find in a roll, many would have dismissed that as a "washing machine" coin with PMD.

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

way cool.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Impressive find :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

@seanq said:
    I assume the weight was spot on, eliminating the possibility this was a thin planchet. Heck of a find in a roll, many would have dismissed that as a "washing machine" coin with PMD.

Sean Reynolds

Once again proving that knowledge is power. The way JFKs are hoarded I assume it has been scrutinized by at least a few people, but most did not understand what it was (I am not sure I would have, either).

• Options
    Jackthecat1Jackthecat1 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

That is a very neat error. Good eye!

Member ANS, ANA, GSNA, TNC

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is phenomenal!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options

Cool Error

Looking For PSA 9-10s For GPK OS 1-9 And New

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file