Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

For those that still play across the street

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 30, 2017 8:22PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Is that Mrknownitall still posting? He was the driving force for me to leave peaceful Shady Hollow. Sometime I fell he's alive living in Insider2's body and mind. But have my doubts at times. No doubt that the MO is similar.

Is it safe to go back ATS? Is it still open for business? What warlord is running things now? Is site navigable? Are people still locked aout.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2017 8:24PM

What happens ATS, stays or should stay ATS.

• Options

P.S. Since when did it become Shady Hollow?

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:

At least 10 years I think.

• Options

@Zoins said:

@cameonut2011 said:

I thought it was Sleepy Hollow. Oh well, I'm usually bad with these things anyway. :D

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:

@Zoins said:

@cameonut2011 said:

I thought it was Sleepy Hollow. Oh well, I'm usually bad with these things anyway. :D

Oops, you're right. It's Sleep Hollow, not Shady Hollow.

• Options
    edited July 31, 2017 5:53AM

@cameonut2011 said:

Lol

Except when one is bannished or one escapes your dungeons, " a yah, there a nutjob that scaled our walls and is on the loose and is heading your way", would have been a much appreciated heads up

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Even as a kid I couldn't get those hollows straight. Damn it

M

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@cameonut2011 said:

Lol

Except when one is bannished or excapesd your dungeons a " yah, there a nutjob that scaled our walls and is on the loose and is heading your way", would have been a much appreciated heads up

mark

I think Mr. McKnowitAll has an account here that was something similar or his old moniker ATS (not Insider2).

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Even as a kid I couldn't get those hollows straight. Damn it

M

I thought it was a pun. Lol

• Options

In order to honor the OP, we should all start posting in syllogisms Mr.McKnowItAll style for a week. >:)

• Options

I will poke my eyes out

m

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to visit/post there.... have not done so in years.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2017 1:34PM

I have not seen Mrknowitall over there for a while, but then again I don't poke my nose in over there as much as I used to do. There are some good people over there who could contribute some positive things over here, but they won't cross over.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

I visit there far less since they changed over and have not seen that douchepufferfish swimming there in quite some time. Maybe the change made him scurry to another trolling place. He was truly insufferable, jeez.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like peeps over here like to post over there. I see a lot of dupes when I visit. But hey............whatever waxes your holder.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

I read most of what is posted there. Some really good folks there. The site has problems but you learn to deal with it.
    Mrknownitall almost quit posting there when there were not enough people posting that he could piss off.
    insider2 and Mrknownitall are not the same person.

Larry

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Is that Mrknownitall still posting? He was the driving force for me to leave peaceful Shady Hollow. Sometime I fell he's alive living in Insider2's body and mind. But have my doubts at times. No doubt that the MO is similar.

Is it safe to go back ATS? Is it still open for business? What warlord is running things now? Is site navigable? Are people still locked aout.

m

@ldhair said:
    I read most of what is posted there. Some really good folks there. The site has problems but you learn to deal with it.
    Mrknownitall almost quit posting there when there were not enough people posting that he could piss off.

It's not nice to write about someone w/o using the @. I am not Mr. whatever. I guess ATS is the NGC forum correct? I'm a member there and a few of the members there (not me) are as knowledgeable as anyone posting anywhere. It is a darn shame that anyone with great credentials IS EVER BANNED from any forum.

Example: If I post a straight graded NGC coin on the NGC site and pick-it-apart as a chemically altered, repaired plug and over graded piece of crap - if true I should not get banned. If I have a heated argument over some characteristic on a coin and one of us does not have a clue - yet the long-time "friend-of-the-forum should not be able to get me banned.

Apparently, we have lost some knowledgeable folks around here in the past. Some hold a grudge and would not return even if asked. OUR LOSS!

Next, this is the best darn "general" numismatic forum on the Internet. IMO, NGC should either close that forum up and bury it or clean house and get someone who has a brain to run it. The place is D-E-A-D and dried out.

And finally this: Do any of you know how Mr. Knowitall was? I'll guarantee if David Hall, John Albanese, JD, etc posted here with a "handle" like "I'maBigDummy" or "MrIgnorant" or even "ArealINSIDER" you would realize in just a few posts that this guy "knows" a whole lot more about coins than most of us!

I'll place @RogerB, @CaptHenway , @FredWeinberg (people who post here) oh. @Analyst, @MrEureka too as I learned who they are (Sorry, I'm leaving so many true expert numismatists out who post here) in the category of EXTREMELY INFORMED (rather than use that derogatory term). What I should have posted is just because you know something thoroughly, does not automatically make someone a know-it-all. I believe that term applies to the folks who use a very abrasive approach to post in spite of what they know or think they know. :smile:

• Options

@ldhair said:

He may have been locked out after the transition to the new software.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

good rules help ensure good manners.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

MrMcKnowitall used to sign his name 'John Curlis' and someone somewhere ATS gave him the moniker MrMcKnowitall and he changed it to that. He has quit posting since the transition, sort of like he just disappeared. I'm thinking he was a analyst of sorts for the health care industry.

Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options

There is no way that insider2 and Mrknowitall are the same person. To be as nasty as Mrknowitall, insider2 would have to stay up all night thinking of new ways to be as disagreeable as this knowitall person, who makes some trolls look good.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

I learned the hard way (Temporarily BANNED in Boston) to be much less abrasive with the help of a moderator on another site. Yikes! I miss my old self. :blush::wink:

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

I spend about as much time there as I do on Twitter. I don't have a Twitter account, though.

• Options

I don't know how twitter works. That means you don't go to either - right?

• Options

I tried to get into Twitter, but it was just totally frustrating. You can't get anywhere unless you belong to group, and you can't into a group unless you have friends, so from what I can see it's closed club. I've understood that their usage is down over all. That might might explain it. To me it's a frustrating waste of time.

• Options
    AmazonXAmazonX Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    I tried to get into Twitter, but it was just totally frustrating. You can't get anywhere unless you belong to group, and you can't into a group unless you have friends, so from what I can see it's closed club. I've understood that their usage is down over all. That might might explain it. To me it's a frustrating waste of time.

I joined back in 2009. Nobody knew I was on Twitter(I thought it was ridiculous). Hashtags are the way to go.Met some good people on there and it's a GREAT way to get information regarding breaking news. It's definitely a time suck, now I have less time, so I gave it up after 2 years.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't be a twit!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been on there much less since they updated their software. Lots less traffic too.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

This place is my only home. (coin wise) :)

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

I look around once in a while, but Sleepy Hollow has become a bit of a ghost town. Their forum is to PCGS's as PCGS's GSA überslabs are to NGC's straps. Yeah, you can use it, but in order to get any interest or action on your post, it has to be here.

• Options
    edited July 31, 2017 1:54PM

I have had a lot of trouble posting pictures over there since they went to the new software which makes it far less a attractive place to post.

• Options

Let's try an experiment. No one on CU log in over there for two weeks. Maybe we can kill it off. Only kidding :(

I have PM'ed members on several different sites to get them to join/help out on other sites. Good education should be spread around as much as possible.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please advise when a new program is available

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

An opinion is that the difficulties are not operational, but a poor user interface. The old version presented basic information in a clear, uncluttered format. The present interface is cluttered, spread out and gives users very little of value at a glance. Obviously, every company has its goals for system design, so us po' bo's just have to do the best we can.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

I gave up on ATS after they brought up the new software. Mr. MKnow who was destroying every thread. Every one I had good repartee with over there seems to post here with the exception of PhysicsFan, unfortunately, so only that is my one reason to see what is going on at least as a lurker over there from time to time.

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

@spacehayduke said:
    I gave up on ATS after they brought up the new software. Mr. MKnow who was destroying every thread. Every one I had good repartee with over there seems to post here with the exception of PhysicsFan, unfortunately, so only that is my one reason to see what is going on at least as a lurker over there from time to time.

Best, SH

I'm pretty sure he has an account here too.

• Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does CoinGuy1 still post ATS? I wish he would start posting here again -- I can't imagine Don Willis wouldn't let him back. Conder101 is another great poster and I know he probably won't be allowed back but he has a lot of knowledge to impart.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options
    nk1nknk1nk Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭

Mcknowitall!! Omg I could not stand that guy! My head hurts just thinking of his posts, such a pompous a$$!

Ats is pretty dead these days. I enjoy Jason's post for the most part but he's so negative and digruntled most of the time even his posts wore thin on me. Feld and condor still contribute regularly over there, just not enough action to sustain a meaningful thread. Of course now that Roger is back in the graces of PCGS he's not over there much anymore.

I used to frequent ats because I disliked the nazi rule thumping administration here but that seems to have cooled down drastically, at times this place feels like the wild Wild West, I
    Guess that's why I've been here more lately.

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mcknowitall was last on ats, back in April.

Larry

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tho I joined the NGC b board long ago, I have no use for it nor for the grading service either.

• Options

I understand that many of you were annoyed by Mr. McKnowItAll, but some of you make him sound like Satan's spawn. He wasn't THAT bad - just quirky and spunky. I too have had my differences with him, but he kept things lively ATS.

• Options

Perhaps he is back under a different name with a toned down attitude and a different approach to being snarky.

• Options
    nk1nknk1nk Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    Perhaps he is back under a different name with a toned down attitude and a different approach to being snarky.

Not possible!

• Options

@Insider2 said:

I don't think so. His style seemed to come naturally to him. It is hard to suppress your natural tendencies.

• Options
    edited August 1, 2017 4:27PM

@cameonut2011 said:

@Insider2 said:

I don't think so. His style seemed to come naturally to him. It is hard to suppress your natural tendencies.

@nk1nk said:

@Insider2 said:

Not possible!

Well something very unusual just happened to one of my posts on another thread right before my eyes. I posted something snarky like:

PS Everyone has an opinion but I find many of them to be complete nonsense. Signed, (I used the member you are talking about by name). The sentence disappeared from my post leaving the body of my post intact. I'm glad it did but WTH.

• Options
    edited August 1, 2017 4:34PM

@Insider2 said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@Insider2 said:

@nk1nk said:

@Insider2 said:

Not possible!

Well something very unusual just happened to one of my posts on another thread right before my eyes. I posted something snarky like:

PS Everyone has an opinion but I find many of them to be complete nonsense. Signed, (I used the member you are talking about by name). The sentence disappeared from my post leaving the body of my post intact. I'm glad it did but WTH.

I'm not sure I understand. You signed a post as Mr. McKnowItAll? It sounds like you might have dissociative identity disorder. Maybe one of the forum physicians will chime in.

@Justacommeman - Your hypothesis may be correct.

• Options
    goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭

"MrMcKnowItAll" used to post here with the handle "charley", but that account has not been active for several years though.

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@Insider2 said:

@nk1nk said:

@Insider2 said:

Not possible!

Those darn 400 lb Russian hackers struck again!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file