Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Selling Off Entire Coin Collection

oz_in_ohiooz_in_ohio Posts: 184 ✭✭
edited July 28, 2017 8:14PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

. Scanner failed . Have to buy another...will be listed in a week or so

Comments

• BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a friendly reminder: you should combine all your listings in one thread, as it leaves room on the front page for everyone. Good luck with your sales.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • oz_in_ohiooz_in_ohio Posts: 184 ✭✭

I understand that but when i have thousands of items i list in 100 lots per thread...EG 101 - 200, 201 - 300. 301 - 400 , 401-500 , 501 - 600, 601 - 700 and so on.....I have my items bagged up like this and if 100 items per thread is no good for anyone then nothing will be...At the moment i am doing the 601 - 700 items....

• morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

With all due respect you may have a lot of items to sell but that does not make you an exception to the rule of posting more than one selling thread per day. The rule to abide by on the BST is one of each of the three per day and one bump for each type per day. Buy, Sell, Trade. I can make three in one day as long as they are for each of the three types of postings. If you have more than one of each then you must alternate them.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics

So waht am i supposed to do??? Have thousands in the one posting so people get bored looking at them??
    Am i supposed to thread only 100 items in it each day..

• MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oz_in_ohio said:
    So waht am i supposed to do??? Have thousands in the one posting so people get bored looking at them??
    Am i supposed to thread only 100 items in it each day..

Yes. If it is material they are interested in then they won't get bored looking at it.

I have learnt from ebay that the general collector is lazy...You know that and so does everyone else.
    They want everything spoonfed to them like a baby in a high chair. Unfortunately ebay has ruined it for everyone

This place is quite the opposite of E-Bay, and a majority folks around here are not just general collectors

Then if they are not general collectors:
    1 why is is called COLLECTORS universe????
    2. Do they expect to get krugerands for $5 each
    3. If they are serious collectors, then they would want to see
    things up front with a loupe.
    4. I am retired and only do it for a hobby now. Just selling off my collections
    5. I disapove of slabbed items as one will not get their money
    back when selling to the trade.
    6. The younger generation has no intrest as i have said many times..
    It will not be carried on when we die so the cheap end is all people
    want. Younger people only want their mobile phones.
    7. lastly which would you rather sell....1 item for $1,000.00 or 1000 items at $1.00

Hal

1. Because that is the name of the corporation, they could have called it Hobby Universe. Would that have made it any different?
    2. No, that is way out of proportion, maybe if they were fakes. ;)
    3. It's kind of hard to use a loupe on a numismatic item looking at pics through a computer. Online purchasing of numismatic items is here to stay and has nothing to do with the seriousness of the collector. That is why returns are allowed in most cases. Coin shows only happen every so often, so buying on line can fill the gaps for some people. And yes, I prefer to go to shows just like many other members here.
    4. Glad to hear you are retired I hope you are enjoying the retired life.
    5. This holds true to raw coins as well, if you do not like slabs then that is your personal preference.
    6. Totally not true, I see many young people collecting, they do it differently than you. The younger crowd also do have lives to live, raise kids, college, etc. I have seen many collect coins get out of it for a while and then come back to it later on in life. Many of the baby boomer crowd collected and it was easy to do so because so much of the stuff could be found in change during every day life. It does not happen that way any more.
    7. It depends, is it going to take me longer to sell 1000 items for a buck each than one item for $1k.

You take my previous statement way out of proportion, when I say general collectors I mean the average collector. Most of the forum members here are not the average collector.

Then that means the way the news presents the economy for everyone to be filthy rich...I cant speak for you but over 40 years i attended shows, had stalls there and had nothing over $1 priced on the table...In fact they were $1 each or any $12 for $10.00...many times i went home with an empty car.... All the crap i did not want in a collection i packaged up in front of tv with my dad and just threw it into boxes...Once they were full, the next box started...So you see the profit margin in 1000 items for $1 is a lot greater than the slabbed crap that one cannot get their money back on. I cannot tell you how many USA gold coins i have melted as i wanted to earn the profit quickly..... I never hung onto them in australia but i can tell you i took a nail to them and scratched them so the buyer could not recoup any rewards... if he was not going to pay 90% of gold, i destroyed them. hate to tell you how many $20 double eagles i melted. I figure you are a dealer and if not, maybe you should do so as you seem to be an expert. I was a dealer in australia and for over 40 years...Very few of my customers were the young generations.... They just tagged on with their parents...Then when the parents died, the kids came to me and sold it all... But that is where the 1st amendment comes into play...You have your thoughts and i have my experiences...In my eyes you are completely wrong..I have sold my personal collections in australia and it paid for a house here in ohio, the shipping container to come over and a new car purchased in pheonix for cash..And that was all at items sold for a dollar each.. We have a saying in australia and it goes like this:
    1 If you dont buy the coins, you cant do business
    2. if you cant do business, you cant pay the bills and wages
    3. if you cant cant get wages buy the food, then you dont sit on the toilet and sh-t
    4. And lastly if one does not sh-t, they die!!

Now i am not a medical person by any means but what is better...to be able to sit on the toilet and live , - or to have a few dumb coins to look at....As you can see i am one that speaks his mind...The kids , you are speaking for the USA and i am speaking for australia as i was not bought up here...All i do know is when i offered my collections to my children, the reply i got was " what do we want with that crap dad?? ..So i melted all my coins but destroyed them first.

You said you accept returns.. That is wri=ong as so many collectors buy better items than they have and exchange the inferior ones for them. That is so common in ebay. With 16 years in ebay, i would have had to see a thing or 2...

if you want me to phone you, i will .. I am not scared to spend money on a phone call as i cant take the money with me when i die....

BTW, if you did not gather, my cup or glass is always half empty and never half full. I see the worst in everything and nothing is positive,,,That way i cannot get burnt.

hal

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2017 8:21PM

These are the forum rules for posting on the B/S/T board. There is no exception for sellers who have a lot of items to list. This is done out of common courtesy for your fellow collectors as no one wants to wade through multiple threads by the same seller and it also unfairly bumps down threads by other sellers who are looking to sell their items, too. Imagine if every large seller here posted multiple threads and cluttered up the top page just because they had thousands of items to list.

Good luck with your sales.

B/S/T Forum Rules:

Rule 1) Only bump your post once per day.
    Rule 2) Sellers: Please edit your thread to reflect any items as "sold."
    Rule 3) Please do not clutter the Forum with multiple threads. Keep it simple and neat – one thread for buying and one for selling (per member).
    Rule 4) Be smart about your transaction(s). This forum is merely a venue we make available for independent sellers and buyers, but CU is not responsible for what does and/or does not happen during your exchange.
    Rule 5) The B/S/T forum is NOT to be used by any company, dealer or auction house for advertising purposes. If you would like additional advertising space on this site, please contact our Advertising Department by calling 800-325-1121.

We appreciate your cooperation!

Sincerely,
    Forum Admin
    webmaster@collectors.com

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

So as i have thousands of coins scanned and ready yo be listed, you prefer them all in one thread so a person get confused??? So are you saying i cant list any in their lots??
    If you wanted some of them and they were in lot 201 - 300, would you quote me item 654..I dont think so

So as i have close to 2000 items ready you want that all in one thread to make it hard for the buyer and seller???

give me your phone number i prefer to talk....BTW, i need a name as i dont know who to adress as you signed off with
    Sincerely, Forum Admin webmaster@collectors.com and not a persons name

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2017 8:29PM

These are not my rules. They are taken from the top of the B/S/T forum on the sportscard side of the CU forums (they used to be at the top of this forum, too, but dropped off at some point). Here is the link for reference:

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/877994/forum-rules#latest

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Angry and angrier going toe to toe, via aliases, this might be good.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • ParlousJoeParlousJoe Posts: 451 ✭✭✭

Sorry Miles, I'm not angry at all, you didn't see me smiling as I was saying all that. :)

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

@ParlousJoe said:
    Sorry Miles, I'm not angry at all, you didn't see me smiling as I was saying all that. :)

Looks like the ban hook needs to come out for another newbie poster .....................looks like it is 1-3 a month now

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

rules is rules

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.