Home Precious Metals
Options

How long do you wait to open a non-paid case on ebay?

JJMJJM Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's your rule of thumb?
How many days?
It's rare for me to have to, but it's annoying

👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37

Comments

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait no more than 10 days after auction close. I've opened them as early as 3 days when it was clear the buyer was backing out.

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to know this from the Ebay vets as well.

I just had my first. He/she ignored my regular emails despite have a large number of all positives (I figured "there must be some explanation"), but I've opened the case with Ebay after four weeks of no response. I think Ebay recommends five days or so.

• Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is only the 2nd or 3rd time I've had a non-payer in over 2k transactions

👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

1st email after a couple days -> do you need more time to pay?

if no reply -> as soon as the unpaid window opens.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

7 days generally

http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

eBay handles all of my npb's. ( reminders & warnings) I don't mess with it. Time frame....8 days to issue an unpaid strike against the buyer & refund the FVF to the seller.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

@OPA said:
    eBay handles all of my npb's. ( reminders & warnings) I don't mess with it. Time frame....8 days to issue an unpaid strike against the buyer & refund the FVF to the seller.

Refund FVF?

Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I send an invoice 24 hours after the auction ends and open an NBP on the third day if there has been no response. That allows the bidder 4 more days.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gsa1fan said:

@OPA said:

Refund FVF?

Final Value Fee

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have always paid immediately upon winning....Just no reason to wait. I would not bid if I could not pay immediately. Glad to see (from the above comments) that non payment is not frequently encountered. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    I have always paid immediately upon winning....Just no reason to wait. I would not bid if I could not pay immediately. Glad to see (from the above comments) that non payment is not frequently encountered. Cheers, RickO

On auctions I receive about 90% of the payments in 24 hours (some people have lives beyond coins, Ricko ;) )

Always one laggard though.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on my settings, the non-payment notices are initiated by Ebay, not me.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled .... The hell you say...... :D:D:D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

2 days; we are all adults and if the customer wanted it they would pay right away.