Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1$ 1921(Morgan Dollar) Help!

I need your help with this $ 1 coin of 1921..
In my opinion the coin is beautiful!
Would it be worth sending to NGC?
I know it's an ordinary date, but the coin is beautiful!

Comments

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tough to tell from the images, more than likely it will come back a 3 or 4. Your run of the mill 4 sells for $35/40 range + or -. PL and DMPL pieces can fetch thousands. I personally would throw it in a album, jmo.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

You will have to take it out of the plastic and take better pics for a real opinion. The rule of thumb on these is they grade one grade higher than other common Morgans.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's probably not worth grading. If it were to grade 65, you could make money one it, but I don't see a 65 in the pictures supplied. Other pictures, or seeing the coin in hand, might make me change my mind, but either is statistically more likely to confirm my assertion.

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Idk guys, I think Mr numismatic emp. Is playing with us. The broken English in his few post is inconsistent and seems to me to come and go at will. But hey I've been wrong before.

I know it's a fine line between trying to honestly help someone and being played. So we try to error on the side on being polite. Just an observation.

I'm by no means an English major. But one sentence constructed perfectly, then followed but a seemingly simple phrase like " $ 1 coin of 1921" . Seems suspicious. Then throwing an ATS reference in. Idk, maybe i had one too many glasses of wine at dinner and is over thinking it.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options

@BruceS said:
    Idk guys, I think Mr numismatic emp. Is playing with us. The broken English in his few post is inconsistent and seems to me to come and go at will. But hey I've been wrong before.

I know it's a fine line between trying to honestly help someone and being played. So we try to error on the side on being polite. Just an observation.

I'm by no means an English major. But one sentence constructed perfectly, then followed but a seemingly simple phrase like " $ 1 coin of 1921" . Seems suspicious. Then throwing an ATS reference in. Idk, maybe i had one too many glasses of wine at dinner and is over thinking it.

Im Portugues! ahah

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having lived in Portugal, I can say that many, many Portuguese speak English... some better than others. Writing it can pose some issues that speaking does not. Now, for the coin.... Really hard to say from the pictures... We would need better to really give you a worthwhile opinion. Cheers, RickO

• Options

New photos!!
    What you guys thing?

• Options

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like a fake!

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

cast bubbles galore.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    NumivenNumiven Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2017 10:33AM

It looks like a counterfeit!

Numismatics & Photography
    rv@ravenumismatics.com
    Instagram.com/coin2photo

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

See if it sticks to a magnet,,,,,,,

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:
    See if it sticks to a magnet,,,,,,,

Pot metal don't stick to any magnet. :wink:

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is fake also. I agree with afford, the date looks way funny, especially the 2.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file