Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone else seeing small X in the box where the pictures should be?

bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Working fine Wednesday evening, now no pics. Tried signing out of the forum and back in but didn't help. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

sometimes

Frank

BHNC #203

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that fallout from Photobucket and other companies that have just recently locked out "free" users from their buckets? Photobucket is now requesting a $399 subscription fee if you want access. At least that's the scoop I've been reading on other blogs today. Not just PB either. The free photo dump sites look to be going the way of the dino's.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be clear, I can't see anyone's pictures that have been posted. In all threads, and BST.

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are times on this site when all the images are simply missing on my screen, but I have not come across the X-box. It is definitely specific to the PCGS system.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see any images in this thread.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Can you see this?

• YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happens to me sometimes too.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

@PRECIOUSMENTAL said:

Can you see this?

No, just a black box with an x in it.

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Likely culprit is your browser. Try clearing the cache or just reload the browser.

Just cleared my browsing history. No change.

Thanks for the help everyone. Just rebooted computer and no help. Don't think it's my computer as I am seeing lots of pictures on a car forum I frequent.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

@roadrunner said:
    Is that fallout from Photobucket and other companies that have just recently locked out "free" users from their buckets? Photobucket is now requesting a $399 subscription fee if you want access. At least that's the scoop I've been reading on other blogs today. Not just PB either. The free photo dump sites look to be going the way of the dino's.

I was not aware that they were doing that although it wouldn't surprise me. The last time I used it to host a picture it worked a few days ago.

I think that number of the "x"s are due to old threads which are revived after they have been off the boards for a while. The links don't seem to work any more. I got into one that had "x"s on my message. I went back re-uploaded the pictures so that they would show.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the same "x" issue, but only some pictures are missing, not all.

liefgold
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a disaster for my sample threads - either pay the $599 fee or re-download all the images using PCGS as the host.

It's going to take some time...... :s

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

No problem here... I see all the pictures - in this thread and others. Once in a while, I will see a little box representing a picture, and I have to click on it and open in a separate window... however, I believe that is due to the way the picture is posted/hosted. Cheers, RickO

• WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is possible to turn off or on viewing all pictures on a browser.

If one sees no pictures at all from any website then this might be the problem.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

An update.....the issue seems to be only with my desktop dell with windows 7. I can view pics from my iphone or ipad. With the desktop, I can view pictures on an automotive message board with no isues. Can also view pics in links or directly from the registry. Only the PCGS forums are giving me the x box.

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

I can see the pics fine....laptop/Chrome

to the top for IT guys

• BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

@liefgold said:
    I have the same "x" issue, but only some pictures are missing, not all.

• CyndieChildressCyndieChildress Posts: 429 ✭✭✭

@PRECIOUSMENTAL said:

Can you see this?

Nice.!.!

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2017 6:37PM

I have the same issue with my PC now. Small box with an X for everything except those few new round avatars some people have.
    Windows 10, ie 11.
    Cleared my temp files, browsing history and rebooted to no avail.

Everything fine on the iPad and smartphone (Android).

Edit: This forum is the only site that has this issue.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

I'm windows 7, newest Internet Explorer 11. Everything fine on the Ipad. No help yet after I sent a screenshot and explanation to Customer Service. Haven't heard back.

• BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a paid PB account and I'm getting the X's for a week or so now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file