Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Last day to update your registry set! - June 30

ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who has made last minute updates/upgrades to their registry sets to "put your best foot forward" for the year-end registry awards? I spent some time this week to get my sets up-to-date so all images are shown for the first time in several months.

Not that any of my sets will receive any awards, but I thought it would be fun to give everyone an opportunity to share their newly updated registry sets at the end of year.

Here's a link to my registry sets, several have received updates this week.

The ModCrewman Collection

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like I got a few #1 sets this year. I was sweating out one of them.

• Options
    CCDollarCCDollar Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well...I'm #219 in the Morgan Dollar Basic Set. Do I have a chance? I'm having a lot of fun and I wish you all well. I enjoy going through the Registry sets and looking at the top sets and top 20. Some nice stuff...take care...
    CC

Nickel Triumph...My Led Zepps
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

Added my AU58+ coins to my everyman set to push it to the top.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

Registry sets are fun. My goal was to make it to the top 100 in the Peace Dollar date and mint set. I'm currently 101... not too far off. Can't compete with a lot of you guys though...

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Darn, missed it again.... 20+ years in a row.... :D:D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

By an odd coincidence I ended up #1 for the Classic Head $2.50 coins, but I’m only 81% complete, so I won’t be getting any designation for that. I need two coins in this 11 piece set which I can’t find in Choice AU or low end Mint State. Neither of them are “marquee coins” in the set. Maybe I will find them next year.

This is the only time that I will have chance to win on the PCGS registry because I have too many NGC coins in my collection. The same will now be true ATS because I have WAY too many PCGS coins over there. I have coins that grandfathered in, but I can’t add any more.

Given these rules, anyone who thinks that they have best sets when they make #1 in either registry is fooling themselves. First many coins can’t be shown because of their certification. Second, there are lots of great coins and sets that are never entered on the registries. In short when you make #1, you might only be the big kid in the small sandbox.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file