Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Baltimore show reports

PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

This being the second day of Baltimore, I expected some show reports?

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

Comments

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 24, 2017 8:43AM

I was only there for an hour. I had just got off jury duty late afternoon from Federal Court across the street.

The show was approximately 40% to 50% smaller with the partition closed in the area where the TPG's would normally be.

Other than that, it appeared that the attendance was average at best.

I was amazed that I saw no visitors at Julian's table, the two times I passed it.

Of course table #558 was hopping!! ;)

• Options
    ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

Show is always smaller in summer, but still business to be done. I think this year Long Beach two weeks ago had a better turnout.

• Ian
    Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I certainly hope to see more detailed reports.... Please... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭✭✭

Business still gets done but we certainly enjoined the Dragon Boat races.

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found the first day to be very busy and productive, wholesale and retail. After that, the show came to a grinding halt, at least for me. Makes me wonder if the show should be shortened by a day.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went on Thursday. I got there at 2pm and it looked to be lightly trafficked, but a heck of a lot better than last year's summer show. The entire room at the right side of the bourse was blocked off... it was a much smaller show than any I've attended at the convention center. Also, it was noteworthy who wasn't there... Tom Reynolds, I also didn't see Eagle Eye or Butternut. The layout put vendors I'm accustomed to seeing in certain spaces elsewhere. But, Julian was still at the first table, and JJ Teaparty was there as well... I was able to cover the entire show in just a couple of hours. There seemed to be a number of dealers buying. I've been away from collecting for a number of years, but there looked to be a wealth of decent coins... type... for me to look at. I did manage to find two nice pieces. 1851 half cent, and 1858 O half dollar. I'll do a gtg in a bit...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    edited June 25, 2017 7:45PM

Goldbully funny edit

• Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 866 ✭✭✭✭

Scarsdale... I think he just cropped the photo you posted? Am I missing something? Maybe try some decaf?

• Options

Relaxin correct. Jumped and I apologize. In fact way to much sugar as I was at another trade show today at the Javetits Center in NY. As the opposite of Baltimore this show had over 1800 dealers set up and I guess 25000 folks there. Way too much sugar today

• Options

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well...still not much detail on the show... seems like it was not exactly a major event. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭✭

@lkenefic said:
    I went on Thursday. I got there at 2pm and it looked to be lightly trafficked, but a heck of a lot better than last year's summer show. The entire room at the right side of the bourse was blocked off... it was a much smaller show than any I've attended at the convention center.

It is like this for every summer show, with the right side of the bourse blocked off and 2/3 of the the dealers of a Spring or Fall Baltimore.

• Options

Overall a good show (for the summer), and although it was noticeably smaller and less active than the other two Baltimore's held during the year, it turned out good with many good purchases.

Talking to other dealers, it seems most were "happy enough" with the show.

www.sullivannumismatics.com Dealer in Mint Error Coins.
  • Options
    DanielBooneDanielBoone Posts: 161 ✭✭

Slow from a dealers perspective (which is generally normal for the summer show) but I was able to buy a few very nice coins for clients. I also was the successful bidder for one coin (out of 8 bids that I placed) at the Stacks Bowers auction which in my opinion was bringing very strong money for the nicer type coins which always seem to be in high demand.

Successful Transactions With: PRoemisch, WTCG, CCFC, barberkeys, lkeigwin, ElmerFusterpuck, 123cents, coin22lover, coinlieutenant and abitofthisabitofthat
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DanielBoone said:
    Slow from a dealers perspective (which is generally normal for the summer show) but I was able to buy a few very nice coins for clients. I also was the successful bidder for one coin (out of 8 bids that I placed) at the Stacks Bowers auction which in my opinion was bringing very strong money for the nicer type coins which always seem to be in high demand.

Glad you got at least one coin from the auction!

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options

This was Sat morning before dealer opening. Don't judge show by just a pic. It depends on the time and the angle of the shot. I post the pics for a flavor of the show not if it's good or bad

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file