Home Precious Metals

How many times face is your local dealer paying now at 17 an ounce?

pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭

My local dealer is paying 9 or 10 times face and is out of money. I may front him some money or take silver at 9.5 face. I have been buying gold and not paying attention to the silver side. Before criticizing the economy sucks where I live and reported unemployment was almost 18 percent last year on those receiving beifits so in reality the unemployment was a lot higher.

Mark
NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"

Comments

• Geckster109Geckster109 Posts: 231 ✭✭✭

50 cents back here, or about 11.8x

• BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

_I would pay 10 X all day long,

18% that's more than 4 times the national average.
    Even New Mexico was less than 7%. Must be a tough district.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭

Not enough to justify selling anything. I'm into for right about he's paying.

To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

9.5x is $13.25 silver. ......buy it all. Then move away from that hellhole.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow...18% unemployment.... sounds like upstate NY......Cheers, RickO

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

I took my son and two dollars face junk into a local shop, just to show him how it works. We walked out with a twenty dollar bill, which we took to Target to buy some nerf gun ammo.

I explained to the boy about the man's overhead, and our small transaction size, and the silver's Retail value, and how it would take greater expenditure of time, effort, and shipping to (maybe) net another dollar or two on our sale.

Will leave it to others to determine the hellholiness of our town, nevertheless.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some shops in my area, 7X and some 10Xish

• Geckster109Geckster109 Posts: 231 ✭✭✭

@Baley said:
    I took my son and two dollars face junk into a local shop, just to show him how it works. We walked out with a twenty dollar bill, which we took to Target to buy some nerf gun ammo.

I explained to the boy about the man's overhead, and our small transaction size, and the silver's Retail value, and how it would take greater expenditure of time, effort, and shipping to (maybe) net another dollar or two on our sale.

Will leave it to others to determine the hellholiness of our town, nevertheless.

I recently did the same thing with my 10 yr old son and a couple of 1/4 AGE's. I really want to instill in him just how liquid PM's really are and how the process works. He just made his 1st ever PM purchase a few days ago. Used some of his B-day cash and bought 5 Johnson Matthey 1oz silver bars for $17 each.....from me. I reminded him that this was a "friend price"! :D

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

@Geckster109 said:

I really want to instill in him just how liquid PM's really are and how the process works. He just made his 1st ever PM purchase a few days ago. Used some of his B-day cash and bought 5 Johnson Matthey 1oz silver bars for $17 each.....from me. I reminded him that this was a "friend price"! :D

Wow, I would never teach any kid that...

I would teach him that there is nothing more liquid than liquid...

keceph `anah
  • pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭

@BruceS said:

I moved to a fairly small town last year for retirement. The biggest employer Halliburton laid off the bulk of the workforce. On the bright side I bought a section of land and 2 houses for cheap and the economy's coming back for them slowly. Kept my business in texas just two hour drive to beat up on the Deadbeats. The biggest decision I make every day is what I'm going to drive to coffee. Planned on retiring at 50 but didn't work out had to wait till I was 52.> @cohodk said:

@cohodk said:

I like the Hell hole , the only issue is the meth heads and there is a lot of them. Every day at 2 p.m. you got to see the line out of the pawn shops people trying to get there $20 bills to go by Meth. Most of my neighbors have 2,000 to 20000 Acres I'm the small guy on the Block

It is amazing how 120 miles make such a big difference in the economy.

Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • bigzesteebigzestee Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

If you can buy at 9.5x then I would say to do it.It should be easy to make 2.5-3x on it.

BST references several

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pennyannie said:

@BruceS said:

I moved to a fairly small town last year for retirement. The biggest employer Halliburton laid off the bulk of the workforce. On the bright side I bought a section of land and 2 houses for cheap and the economy's coming back for them slowly. Kept my business in texas just two hour drive to beat up on the Deadbeats. The biggest decision I make every day is what I'm going to drive to coffee. Planned on retiring at 50 but didn't work out had to wait till I was 52.> @cohodk said:

@cohodk said:

I like the Hell hole , the only issue is the meth heads and there is a lot of them. Every day at 2 p.m. you got to see the line out of the pawn shops people trying to get there $20 bills to go by Meth. Most of my neighbors have 2,000 to 20000 Acres I'm the small guy on the Block

It is amazing how 120 miles make such a big difference in the economy.

I love your style

No Country for Old Men

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    edited June 15, 2017 2:14PM

Baley, your town is definitely not a hell hole.

For the record, I would rather live in a town with 100% unemployment.....cohodkville? :)

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought a dime for a dollar today. Then a larger lot came in that cost $1.20 each. Got a roll and a half of war nickels to go through, too. Now that silver is $.32 lower, dealers are buying it for less.
    My question is : "What are "collectors/hoarders/speculators/investors" paying for it, now that it's below $17. ?

HE>I

• biosolarbiosolar Posts: 164 ✭✭

I could use another $500 face at 10 times. Can't believe some are paying 7.5 times. I do agree that the buyers have dried up
    a bit, but 7.5 and 9 time seems a bit cheap to me.

edited June 16, 2017 3:21PM

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Bought a dime for a dollar today. Then a larger lot came in that cost $1.20 each. Got a roll and a half of war nickels to go through, too. Now that silver is $.32 lower, dealers are buying it for less.
    My question is : "What are "collectors/hoarders/speculators/investors" paying for it, now that it's below $17. ?

"They" aren't buying junk silver... "They" are getting alt currencies ala bitcoin, ethereum, etc...

keceph `anah
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rawteam1 said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

"They" aren't buying junk silver... "They" are getting alt currencies ala bitcoin, ethereum, etc...

Well, this dealer ain't buying for them. ;)

HE>I

You said they...I'm not talking about them... lol...

keceph `anah
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,652 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been buying at 10x, but cant move it locally. No local buyers. All gets shipped out
    I bought 4k face last Thursday from a guy, and bough it at 9.8x because I could only get 10.8 shipped oon that large amount(from a place that I know the funds are good)

Reports are abound of several dealers with little to no funds available to purchase. One shop in Raleigh I herd that past Monday had to turn several folks away. Send them to me I cash heavy.

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

Golly, what if lots of folks decided to sell their silver and dealers didn't have the funds to buy, nor anyone to resell it to?

Musical chairs my friends.

Keep on stackin'?? Not me

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

@Baley said:
    Golly, what if lots of folks decided to sell their silver and dealers didn't have the funds to buy, nor anyone to resell it to?

Musical chairs my friends.

Keep on stackin'?? Not me

Almost sounds like a house of cards. ;)

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd buy all the 90% I could afford at 12x . To me its the only silver I want to own now. I'm channeling Nancy Regan when it comes to the other stuff now , and just saying NO . When I say "afford" I mean for accumulation purposes. I have no desire to buy and flip for a 1x profit over and over. I don't need anyone to know I have silver or gold so why have all these transaction records floating around the interwebzzzz for pennies on the dollar ?

I can add an extra 3 or 8 hours to my work week or subtract that much without any stress. I find it easier to make a profit by working , that may be because I like my work, It's not bringing me any added stress , which flipping metals can very easily do. If there is something easy I'll take it , but I'm not running out into traffic to pick up a quarter off the ground .

If theres a paper trail on the in or out I aint doin it Too much energy expended why I cant even spare the effort to add apostrophes or commas or periods to the last sentence :D

I take a week vacation and the ban hammer comes down and hits Geckster? Was he crushed under the weight of fellintoblivion's disagree flags?

edited June 25, 2017 7:18AM

I find it easier to make a profit by working

I'd buy all the 90% ....To me its the only silver I want to own

Where's the thumbs up emoticon?

Geckster's Mensa card was invalidated..