Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Long Beach Coin Expo - June 8-10, 2017 - Anyone else going??????

illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's that time of year again for Long Beach!!!

This show is this week, June 8-10, 2017. Looking forward to another great Long Beach show. Who else will be there?????

More info on the show can be found on their website and you can register for free passes there as well (use code VISITOR):

longbeachexpo.com/

And if you're a member of the PCGS Set Registry, check your emails as you were likely sent an invitation for a free early bird pass that lets you in during dealer set-up on Wednesday, June 7.

I'll be there the entire show at Table 448, if you're going as well, please stop by and say hello :)

Hope to see some reports following the show as well!!!

:+1:

Comments

• Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

Table # 833 Mint Error coins and currency

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

I wish! Maybe I will make it out there some time.

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
    Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watching a few items in the auction but that's as close as I will get to San Diego.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    ByersByers Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop by and say hi to Mike Byers table # 1039

The Unique Two Headed Nickel will be displayed:

mikebyers.com Dealer in Major Mint Errors, Die Trials & Patterns - Author of NLG Best World Coin Book World's Greatest Mint Errors - Publisher & Editor of minterrornews.com.
  • Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still "working the system" to get there on Friday....Be there Saturday if all else fails.

Can't miss a Long Beach!!

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    mustanggtmustanggt Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

We'll be there at #549 trying to keep you in line.......

• Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be missing this one unfortunately Mike. First time in a couple of years. Gotta fly cross country on business Thurs-Fri. Gonna try to get up there either tomorrow or early Saturday though. I'll stop by and hang for a few if I do.

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    agcedaragcedar Posts: 15 ✭✭

Really wish I could make it down there but the best I can do is watch the auction.

• Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be at my usual table 848 with lots of new Pretty Pennies! Be sure to stop by, say hi, and let me take your picture for my show report!

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    TheDukeKTheDukeK Posts: 359 ✭✭✭

@Byers said:
    Stop by and say hi to Mike Byers table # 1039

The Unique Two Headed Nickel will be displayed:

Not to derail the topic but I was told that there couldn't be a double heads as the hammer and anvil dies don't fit into the opposite slots. I guess this isn't so now?

• Options
    BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

See you there!

Lurking and learning since 2010. Full-time professional numismatist.
  • Options

I'll be there, table #633, with mint errors and related items. Always buying, selling, or happy to answer your questions about mint errors.

www.sullivannumismatics.com Dealer in Mint Error Coins.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Be sure to post show reports... I know I can depend on Charmy... ;) However, always nice to hear from other view points and perspectives.....Curious to see how gold will be moving at the show... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

To anyone going to the early bird today, please have a beer and a couple of tacquitos for me! Also feel free to report the largest stack of tacquitos seen on one plate, think the record is around 20.

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic show. Everyone enjoy. I have some Family issues to deal with so I am a no go this June.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭✭

We'll be there for the duration at our usual table #612.

• Options

@ElmerFusterpuck said:
    To anyone going to the early bird today, please have a beer and a couple of tacquitos for me! Also feel free to report the largest stack of tacquitos seen on one plate, think the record is around 20.

Those plates are pretty dang small lol. The true test is how many full plastic cups of beer one man (or woman) can carry with that plate

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommy44 said:
    Watching a few items in the auction but that's as close as I will get to San Diego.

Duh, last time I went to the Long Beach Expo I also went to San Diego so I had San Diego on the brain. I know it is in Long Beach.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tacquiitos... I can't remember the last time I've had them.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

Missing long beach for the first time in a few years and I kid you not that I was craving tacquitos and beer earlier. Lol. And I hardly ever drink beer

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

We're at table 822 - stop by and say hello if you're at the show. Raeleen Endo makes a special appearance on Saturday.

• Ian
    Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
  • Options
    BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

@ElmerFusterpuck said:

I did once see a dealer grasping a plate that appeared to carry at least 5lbs of guacamole, to complement an equally large portion of taquitos in his other hand.

Lurking and learning since 2010. Full-time professional numismatist.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

My heart's desire. To be there among you.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be lucky to get to the 2017 World's Fair of Money at Denver in August.

Happy Hunting in Long Beach!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to see so many at the show today... hope to see lots more tomorrow and Saturday.

Attendance at the June Long Beach is always a little lower than the February and September shows, but there was pretty steady traffic and business today, at least for me.

I did notice a bit more grumpy collectors today than I usually see at Long Beach. Not sure if it was more related to the increased price of parking (now $15/day instead of $10/day :rage: ) or the increased price of hot dogs (I believe now over $5) :mrgreen:

• Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a word to locals who want to go to the show. If you aren't taking anything much with you (or you can easily conceal what you are taking with you), you might consider taking the Metro Rail Blue Line. The last Long Beach stop is a three minute walk from the entrance to the show. From the Aviation / LAX Green Line Station, it's a 50-55 minute ride, switching to the Blue Line in the middle of Watts.

If you don't want to deal with the Metro Rail, there's all day parking for $5 just across the street from the last Metro Rail Blue Line stop above..

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2017 7:17AM

My first time at Long Beach. So many tables! Overwhelming selection. Biggest show I've ever attended.

Arrived just before noon. $2/hour meter parking on the street -- only 2 hours max, but enough time for me to browse the floor and sell my 2 coins.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file