Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Does this Sac look funky to you?

Comments

  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 38,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2017 2:13PM

    smoke signals. Translation: "should not be a 70."

    "Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong

  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 40,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I've AT'd them to that blue with the dust from shredded bank wrapper paper -- not the shredded bits, but the dust. the area would have to be totally covered to AT it like that. it's possible, but static has made even coverage a bit of a pain.

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Looks like haze that develops on some coins.

    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Wait, isn't it the reverse that looks funky?

  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭

    @jwitten said:
    Wait, isn't it the reverse that looks funky?

    Hmmm... Now I don't know.

    I follow the rule that the obverse has the date, but looking at both pictures neither has a date.

    So I have to assume the date is on the edge.
    Maybe PCGS mounts these with the reverse in front, but normally that requires a special request.

  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @TopographicOceans said:

    @jwitten said:
    Wait, isn't it the reverse that looks funky?

    Hmmm... Now I don't know.

    I follow the rule that the obverse has the date, but looking at both pictures neither has a date.

    So I have to assume the date is on the edge.
    Maybe PCGS mounts these with the reverse in front, but normally that requires a special request.

    Since each year has a different reverse, I think that's why they mount the reverse forward.

  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

    My bid of one dollar would be defeated. Not a fan of the Sac dollars

  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Moisture damage in the slab?

  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

    P.S. The other side (the one you're calling the reverse) has something going on with it and does not look normal to me. Look at the close-ups.

  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Barndog said:
    My bid of one dollar would be defeated. Not a fan of the Sac dollars

    You're generous given the buyer's premium. The winning bidder is almost certain to be a plastic collector unless there is something I'm missing (variety, etc.).

  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I swear I've heard your thread title in a football locker room at least a dozen times ;)

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Looks like a regular Sacagawea to me....Not sure I would call it a 70....Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file