Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Where is Greg Reynolds?

tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

No articles the past few weeks from him on Coin Week

Comments

• Options
    privaterarecoincollectorprivaterarecoincollector Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭✭

Greg where are you, we miss your articles !!

How about an article about all 1804 Dollars or Type Sets ?

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

...you'se two should flip a coin to determine who buy's Coin Week outright...and then give 'em a raise ;)

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be he hooked up with Caddyshack and both are working on the PGA tour.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got stood up by him at the last Pogue auction. Haven't heard since, hope is o.k.

Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrEureka said:
    Strange that Greg and Laura semi-retired at the same time. I mean, not that it's any of my business...

LOL, you are evil.

• Options
    caddyshackcaddyshack Posts: 115 ✭✭

_Could be he hooked up with Caddyshack and both are working on the PGA tour.
    _
    YUCK! I would much rather be getting painful dental work.

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is forming a Rap Group... :)

• Options
    GazesGazes Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2017 5:42AM

anyone hear anything?

• Options

No articles recently

• Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is worrisome. Though I am not a fan of how he links his articles to virtually everything he posts here, I am a definite fan of his articles. I sure hope all is OK with him.

Mark

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

His articles are usually useful and informative. Too bad they are MIA.

• Options

Im am worried now too, will write him an eMail

• Options

I did a few days ago - no response yet (which is not unusual)

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope he's just on vacation. Hope to hear from him soon.

• Options
    caddyshackcaddyshack Posts: 115 ✭✭

I heard he was put out to pasture by his bosses. His fake news and pissing people off finally caught up to him.

There is a lot you don't know about him. Just ask the hard working people at lot viewing in NYC for Stacks or Heritage. He never buys but always rudely comes in just before close on a Saturday and makes these very tired folks stay.

Most dealers will not talk to him as his articles contain fake facts or wrong opinions.

Plus, the guy is a media hog always out to promote himself.

If he stopped all the nonsense he actually has a chance to gain respect. If he loves coins that much he should apply to Stacks or Heritage and become a cataloger (if either would take him). I only find a few articles I can tolerate every so often.

• Options
    jonrunsjonruns Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope he is okay...

• Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe has found a girlfriend
    He said he was a player

• Options
    jonrunsjonruns Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last Active May 24, 2017 4:07PM

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MANOFCOINS said:
    Is he Analyst here?

That's right.

• Options

so he is hiding for some reason

• Options

None. I contacted Charles Morgan at Coin Week and all he would say is that they haven't published any articles of his in a while.

Exactly- that's why I'm wondering where he is...

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 10, 2017 5:10PM

Hope that he returns.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope he's just either busy analyzing something, or taking a break. Best wishes either way..

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe he decided to pull a Taxay.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

I too have not been around much as of late. I do not compare myself to Greg. I just thought I would take a la bunch of mini breaks after my health issues a year ago and

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

...and enjoy the collection I already have acquired.

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I enjoyed his articles, but always wondered where he drew his facts. Most seemed credible, but to be as scholarly as presented, there didn't seem to be enough reference material. That's non necessarily unusual with rags though.

Doug
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DMWJR said:
    I enjoyed his articles, but always wondered where he drew his facts. Most seemed credible, but to be as scholarly as presented, there didn't seem to be enough reference material.

Analyst draws a lot of information from corresponding directly with collectors. It's an important resource, because a lot of that information would not get written down otherwise.

• Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most all of us us on this forum appreciate "Analyst's" viewpoint on this forum. Greg Reynolds has great historical perspective of our obsession, and on which we rely for perspective.

Hopefully he will return to our forum.

OINK

• Options
    RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back Analyst!

Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad you're back and hope all is well.
    A shame that you put any effort into responding to that now banned salty fool.
    I enjoy and look forward to your contributions.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@afford said:
    Welcome back,
    Afford, the real one

It's all beginning to make sense now.

• Options

No comment. Just a question; can a person be banned from the forum because they liked reading the posts of a member who was banned? The reason I ask is because, ah, I like it here but if what I'm thinking is correct then, ah, ....Hey I gotta' go.

• Options

I would have preferred a more definite answer but I'll take what I get and...."Proceed with Caution."

• Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Analyst said:
    PRC: Greg where are you, we miss your articles !!

OldIndian: Most all of us us on this forum appreciate "Analyst's" viewpoint on this forum. Greg Reynolds has great historical perspective of our obsession, and on which we rely for perspective.

RogerB: His articles are usually useful and informative. Too bad they are MIA.

Afford: ... he is one of the good guys , incredibly intelligent and talented. Knows his stuff in the numismatics field and has breadth of experience to boot.

Although I am still absent from the coin scene, I will return. I have been working on tasks unrelated to coins. I also need to think carefully about future directions. I am very appreciative of the positive thoughts expressed here about my articles and skills. The recent remarks relating to me on this forum are much nicer than I expected them to be. For many of your remarks, I am truly grateful.

Caddyshack: I heard he was put out to pasture by his bosses. His fake news and pissing people off finally caught up to him

All articles published on CoinWeek are carefully reviewed in regard to facts. There is no 'fake news' on CoinWeek.com! Caddyshack (perhaps someone in New Jersey?) has here posted 'fake news.' I voluntarily stopped contributing articles to CoinWeek, for a combination of personal and professional reasons. There is a good chance that more of my articles will appear on CoinWeek in the future.

CaddyShack: Most dealers will not talk to him ....

This is a false statement. Most dealers will talk to me. I have communicated on innumerable occasions with many leading dealers and with leading officials at auction firms. I am continuing to communicate with leading dealers and collectors.

PRC: ... so he is hiding for some reason

I was never hiding. This is a false, harsh and unfairly misleading remark.

CoinOsaurus: Analyst draws a lot of information from corresponding directly with collectors. It's an important resource, because a lot of that information would not get written down otherwise.

Yes, in regard to rare or at least very scarce coins, serious collectors are the core of the coin community and the culture of coin collecting. It is important to not use facts to deliberately mislead people, as many dealers do.

I pride myself on seeking to understand the preferences and values of collectors, on being honest with collectors, and on communicating information and opinions that I sincerely believe coin buyers may find to be valuable or otherwise educational. I also aimed to inform or entertain readers other than serious collectors, people who are interested in rare coins for a wide variety of reasons. I hope that I have succeeded.

Greg,

I hope that you always find a friendly home for you on this forum. You fill a special place as you are not a dealer, nor are you a (significant?) collector. But your insight into the hobby of coin collecting is well respected and revered. No money for you posting your opinions on this forum, but linking us to your opinions is a win-win situation.

OINK

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's a "leading collector" and should I aspire to be one when I grow up?

• Options

Analyst, my post was an attempt at humor.

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pruebas said:
    What's a "leading collector" and should I aspire to be one when I grow up?

No more so than yearning to be a "leading dealer."

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file