Options
Is this RCM 1 oz gold bar fake?
Pmcollector
Posts: 1 ✭
Hi folks!
Long time reader, first time poster. I bought my first RCM gold bar recently from a reputable dealer (Toronto Gold Bullion), but I noticed something that is making me question it's authenticity. When I zoom in on a picture I took, the serial number engraving looks a little wonky. Uploading pics to show what I mean. Is this how it's supposed to look? 

Cheers
1
Comments
It's probably fine, but can you show us a photo of the back, as well as of the side of the packaging?
I hope it's not engraved.
I'd think they were stamped with letter "punches"
The vertical lines look a bit wonky zoomed in.
The whole thing looks real.
2017 RCM 1 oz gold bar. Looks legit to me.
I vote authentic. You probably "over magnified" the S/N.
Here's a good comparison of your bar with a zoom feature
"Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong
Looks authentic and the SN on derryb's bar looks similar.... Cheers, RickO
I agree with the others. It looks good to me.
My YouTube Channel