Home U.S. Coin Forum

Let's see your Sample Slabs.

BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 30, 2017 12:23PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Here is my current NGC box of 20. Let's see yours!!

eBay ID-bruceshort978
Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.

Comments

• UnclePennyBagsUnclePennyBags Posts: 327 ✭✭✭

This is it so far

Successful trades.... MichaelDixon,

• nk1nknk1nk Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭

How many of those hinged NGC slabs are known to exist? That's a really cool sample slab!

• WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many of those hinged NGC slabs are known to exist? That's a really cool sample slab!

Not sure, but it's the only one I've ever seen.

Fun to see some different samples "brands". :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • 2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:

i love the compugrade, i have a pair of those samples. those are scarce if not rare.

WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • MitchellMitchell Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2017 6:00PM

This doesn't fit in my standard samples boxes.

Successful BST: dmwjr, ike126, bajjerfan, morganman94, sonoradesertrat, 12voltman, duiguy, gsaguy, gsa1fan, martin, coinfame, zas107, bothuwui, gerard, kccoin, jtwitten, robcool, coinscoins, mountain_goat, and a few more.
  • Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

I gave away two of these from my collection a few weeks ago as contest prizes.

![]

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

This one is a little rough on the surface, but a Doily nonetheless;

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2017 3:01PM

@Wingsrule said:

Wow - that www.SmallDollars.com sample slab brings back memories. That looks like the counterstamped version - I did the colorized counterstamp on that one.

• 78saen78saen Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭

Positive Transactions, CharlotteDude, SpaceMonkey, pcgs69, LeeG, MICHAELDIXON, drddm, yellowkid, jmj3esq, colorcommem, CommemDude, lkeigwin, InYHWHWeTrust, ajaan, CoinAddict, CCC2010, coinsarefun, nibanny, scrapman1077, fivecents, erickso1, ibzman350, lakeshore and more.
  • PennyGuyPennyGuy Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

Here’s one from the 60th Anniversary of MSNS. So far I have about 125 Cent Sample Slabs.

"A penny hit by lightning is worth six cents". Opie Taylor

• ldhairldhair Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

Larry

• cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a BIG slab!

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces

Man, some cool samples! :+1:

Here's the only known Merc in a PCGS sample - very odd numbering scheme as well.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice stuff guys/gals keep em coming. Love all the neat slabs.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not think I have any sample slabs..... a terribly neglected aspect of my coin collecting... :D;) Cheers, RickO

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somewhere I have a sample slab from the company that took over from the bankrupt PCI. I think these were the guys who got into major trouble. I had written to ask if they would do any "vanity" sample slabs and they wrote back that for the time being they had not considered it as they were just getting things up and running, but they did send me a sample slab of their own.

• KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

One of my main specialties is sample slabs. I had the fortune of acquiring every sample NuGrade piece and some other odd ones. I have 3 PCGS boxes full and another 50 slabs besides. Are any in the OP for sale?

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
    Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    This one is a little rough on the surface, but a Doily nonetheless;

Would love to own this one!

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck

• PennyGuyPennyGuy Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

The owner of MMNS (later MNS), told me this was the only Sample he made.

"A penny hit by lightning is worth six cents". Opie Taylor

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file